Does anyone recognize this joint US / Philippines DI?

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

While going through a box of misc. insignia today this di popped up. Its Philippine made, about a inch tall. Brass background with heavy enamelled details. At the top is a US flag and a Philippine flag, plus there is a Christian Cross and a Muslim Cross. Maybe something to do with one of the areas around Mindinao?

di.jpg

Bob -

There are several DIs of the same design in the Jul-Sept 2007 Trading Post. "DI of the Philippine Constabulary (Pt II)".

All those in the article have the scroll at the bottom, a darker background behind the boat, and some type of crest at the top, and are from Mindanao, or Southern Mindanao.

vintageproductions

Thanks Dave. Found some of the others that I didn't know what they were either.

That new ASMIC online search is super easy.

I agree that your DUI is a Philippine Constabulary/PNP insignia. This particular type/design dates from the 1950's. Attached is another example, again from the 1948-50's. The high quality enamel pieces made by Zamora and more domed top verses flat top date to the 1930's-41 period and are all marked with the C. Zamora name.

I would be interested in seeing the back of your DUI.

Likewise, if you ever decide to part with it, please keep me in mind as I don't have this variant.

All the best. J

post-9107-0-28328900-1390318671.jpg