Early S.A. Dagger with sheath and 3 piece hanger.

rrobertscv

Went to look at a collection that belongs to a friend. He is selling things to raise funds for another purchase. I picked out things I knew I could afford, which is mostly items under $100, hard having a kid in college. I was showing my wife pics of what I wanted and the items I could only dream of having. My wife went behind my back, contacted the guy and arranged to pick this up for me, she did some "creative financing".LOL The dagger is a bring-back from a local 79th Div. veteran, he is no longer living, but he still has family in the area. I am going to try to contact them and see if they have any background information and (maybe some more items!!!)

P1180949_zps1830f1c3.jpg

P1180962_zps0f984ecd.jpg

P1180954_zps0585dc95.jpg

USCapturephotos

Awesome piece! Thanks for sharing. Let me know if there are any other bring back pieces that you are passing on :). I will be sure to tell my wife about what your wife managed to pull off.

Paul

Who is the maker and what is the group number ?

There should be a Roman numeral stamped into the cross guard.

Don't take it apart because the wood grip is going to flake.

You can see it threatening to.

Someone might have loosened it once.

The wood has a very thin edge and when the fitting is loose it catches it and flakes it.

A very nice solid early SA.

Just got one two days ago from a guy whose WWII veteran dad brought home that and a 1902 Imperial German Navy bayonet. The Nazi's spent so much money on bling such as the variety of decorative daggers that it had to have affected their budget for real weapons.

Who is the maker and what is the group number ?

There should be a Roman numeral stamped into the cross guard.

Don't take it apart because the wood grip is going to flake.

You can see it threatening to.

Someone might have loosened it once.

The wood has a very thin edge and when the fitting is loose it catches it and flakes it.

A very nice solid early SA.

Maker is E.P. & S., the region stamp is nrh

• 1 month later...

Just got one two days ago from a guy whose WWII veteran dad brought home that and a 1902 Imperial German Navy bayonet. The Nazi's spent so much money on bling such as the variety of decorative daggers that it had to have affected their budget for real weapons.

All edged weapons for army and navy officers were private purchase. Could you post a pic of the bayonet?