Any chance this is a legitimate VN era US-used Lizard Camo shirt?

Garandomatic

Found this at an antique show, and don't know what to think. I know Portuguese camo looks like this, but this is vertical HBT, and the pattern appears to be printed horizontally, which I think is a French trait. I looked on here to little avail, as one post mentioned a shirt, but the pictures were no longer hosted. The tags also do not look like Portuguese, either.

Gimme the verdict, fellas. Did I do OK, or should I start a "lessons" section to the collection with this one???

post-9670-0-36550800-1390074749.jpg

THere is also evidence of a name tape on the right side, but I did read that the Portuguese ones sometimes has a US Army tape added for sale here in the 80s.

I also saw this same shirt on a forum described as a Modelle 58, or Mle.58, but it was not a conclusive declaration.

vintageproductions

someplace in the camo uniform sub-forum there are photos of Americans wearing French Lizard. Try a search in that section.

Yeah, been through that one. I did see a guy wearing a very similar one in that the buttons were all hidden like this, and the epaulettes were sewn similarly. Had the sleeves rolled up, so I couldn't tell.

This a French Army TTA 47 camo jacket and yes it is Vietnam period. Probably swapped with French troops in Germany.

The other topic picture is Army Rangers in Germany wearing french airborne TAP56 camo smocks.

Nothing against people that do, pal. I have always been more of a collector. If my stuff weren't fairly organized, I'd be a hoarder. I have always wanted to hang onto anything cool and unique that I find, and I also feel a bit self-conscious by posting a "what's this and how much is it worth" thread here and not the "What's it worth" section. Ordinarily, I'd hang onto something like this, but I've had to thin down the collection a bit to afford new stuff since the collecting budget ain't what it used to be.