Looking to complete my impression.

Cheeks

I bought the following from a seller on ebay for a steal of $112.35 with shipping. Most of the stuff is from At The Front.

• Reinforced M1936 Suspender [ATF]
  • Compass Pouch [ATF]
  • M1924 First Aid Pouch [ATF]
  • M1910 Canteen Cover [ATF]
  • M1 Carbine Sling [ATF]
  • M1 Carbine Pouch, Transitional (the stud for the belt snap is missing and was never installed) [ATF]
  • Spare Magazine Bag [ATF]
  • 75thand 86th Infantry Division Patches (original)
  • K-Ration Cigarette Packs (x2) and French Francs (x3); reproductions
  • 3 Reproduction M1 Garand Ammo Bandoliers [ATF]
  • "Angle-head" Flashlight (from WPG)

That being said I know the M1936 Musette Bag goes with the M1936 Suspenders. If I do get the M1936 Musette Bag would it be too far-fetched to portray an enlisted Infantryman or Ranger wearing the M1936 Musette Bag instead of the M1928 Haversack?

In essence based on what I have, would I be better of doing an Infantry, Ranger, or Airborne impression?

post-151154-0-58665900-1389982160.jpg

post-151154-0-19077100-1389982161.jpg

post-151154-0-78835400-1389982161.jpg

Generally the Musette bag was only issued to troops with motorized transport as their primary means of movement--Airborne, Armor, TDs. Marching units were issued the haversack. HTH

Tim

Any one who could get their hands on a musette and wanted one would have it. Would an enlisted Leg infantryman been issued one? No could he have acquired one sure the same way Legs acquired Tanker jackets when they would have been issued 41 or 43 jackets. When one wants something there are ways to get it and Im pretty sure that no one would have said anything to him as long as he was able to fulfill his mission. The biggest advantage a 28 pack gives a Leg is the ability to put the E-tool on the pack so he doesnt have to carry it on his belt. Now if you are doing a Living History such as an encampment then you are better off portraying the equipment as it would have been issued. If you are doing a Field Impression less is more they tended to carry as little bit as possible and packs would be depot'd to be brought up later if at all. All gear to a WW2 GI was replaceable so losing a pack or gear wasnt a big deal personal items were a different story.

Mack

One more question:

Wool OD's and the HBT Fatigues.

I read on the 5th RB site that the HBT's which were gas impregnated were only worn on D-Day(+/- 3 days). Afterwards they were discarded and only the wool OD's were worn.

http://5thrangerbn.com/5th-ranger-d-day-combat-uniforms-hbts-like-it-or-not-here-they-come/

Haven't found much else on the subject, but a unit which is not too far from me lists both the wool OD's and HBT fatigues on their uniform list.

http://www.9thdivision.com/equipment.htm

I know I will eventually need both, but just wondering what the norm was for a summer impression in Europe post DDay.

To add to my impression I ordered:

• Carrier, Shovel, M1910 T-Handle [ATF]
  • M-1923 Cartridge Belt [ATF]
  • M1938 Leggings (Pair) - Size 3R [ATF]
  • WWII Carlisle Bandage, in O.D. tin [NOS Original]
  • WWII Mess-Kit "E.A. CO. 1944" With "SILCO" Utensils [uSED Original]

Johan Willaert

As the site suggests, both the 2nd and 5th Rangers mostly wore Gas-Impregnated HBTs OVER their wool uniforms for the invasion.

The HBT shirt would have been worn over the wool shirt, with the Field Jacket again over the HBT.

It is highly possible also parts of the wool clothing would have been impregnated...

The HBT would have been discarded shortly after D-Day which explains why you see wools after that.

You can see pictures of my D-Day treated HBT set here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57160-the-liberator-collection/page-18&do=findComment&comment=465812

• 2 weeks later...

WWII Impressions has paratrooper boots in my size 10.5. I could do a Ranger impression instead of infantry. Any Ranger units in the NYC area give or take a 2-3 hour drive?

Or

Are the Service Shoes/Russet Boots from SM Wholesale are any good or comparable to WWII Impressions?

I already have a pair of leggings from At the Front if that would affect the decision.

Shirt, Flannel, OD, M1937? Anyone know a good source? At the Front and WWII Impressions are sold out.

vintageproductions

Maybe a little bit of advice would be to thank those that took the time and energy to answer your questions.

I meant no disrespect and would like to thank everyone for taking there time to answer my questions.

Took the liberty of making a donation as this forum has been a big help.

Once again thank you.