Misc. Insignia, WWI Era

Mitter2k1

Any thoughts from someone more knowledgeable? 

I did some digging around and I couldn't find anything that says it is, or isn't for Cornell Univ. It may be interchangeable between anything CU. So it could be about anything like Colombia Univ., Cornell, or even University of Colorado at Boulder as they had an ROTC program that started around 1918. You would almost have to find an uniform that has indisputable evidence that says this came from whatever school that used it and then have proof that no other schools used this disk. The disk, like many other things, may remain a mystery. Either way you have a cool disk and overall it may not be all that common.

Mike

I did some digging around and I couldn't find anything that says it is, or isn't for Cornell Univ. It may be interchangeable between anything CU. So it could be about anything like Colombia Univ., Cornell, or even University of Colorado at Boulder as they had an ROTC program that started around 1918. You would almost have to find an uniform that has indisputable evidence that says this came from whatever school that used it and then have proof that no other schools used this disk. The disk, like many other things, may remain a mystery. Either way you have a cool disk and overall it may not be all that common.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I have a feeling I know where I could look. Cornell ROTC has a museum on the campus, but unfortunately, it's not open to the public very often, or even regular ROTC cadets. It's maintained by one of the secret societies on campus in what is basically their club house. I know that there are WWI era uniforms and such in there as it is part of a large WWI memorial. I will continue to look around. I have a picture of a Cornell ROTC cadet from the 1930's who is still wearing WWI era uniform pieces, but you can only see one collar disk in the picture and it's the standard ROTC torch.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has been a while since I've posted anything on here since work has been super busy. But I got a match to my Pattern 1902 enlisted 100th CAC insignia. Both are in great shape and identical, even with the light amount of wear. I've never thought about trying to complete pairs but it's fun searching for the mate to a numbered or lettered insignia. But here's a pic of the pair and the display that I've put together of my mixed early insignias.

Enjoy,

Mike

Posted Image

Posted Image