Philippine Medals by El Oro

Military-Memorabilia

Military-Memorabilia

I am seeking information concerning Philippine medals manufactured by El Oro. Specifically, when were the different Pin Plates used in their manufacture. Do others exist? I am starting with a Philippine Defense Medal. This medal was authorized as a ribbon in 1944, and the medal was authorized in 1945. The first one uses a "MANUFACTURED BY" Pin Plate:

post-4585-0-82431500-1389830361.jpg

post-4585-0-96689900-1389830363.jpg

post-4585-0-14100300-1389830366.jpg

Military-Memorabilia

As you can see, the first medal has superior details and toning. The medal itself is stamped "BRONZE" on the reverse, and the wreath on the first medal is a light green in color, versus a dark blue on the second. My inclination is to say the first medal is earlier in manufacture, versus the second, but I would appreciate comments, or a more specific timeline of manufacture.

vintageproductions

The ones marked Bronze are the earlier made El Oro pieces, but not specifically WWII, more like 50's or 70's period.

The 2nd one was made from the late 1970's up to the early 1990's.

• 1 month later...

as a philippine medal collector i would like to add my two cents worth of opinion. the brooch that is stamped "manila" at the back is the older version (late 40s and 50s). the brooch stamped "quezon city" is the 1960's-80's version.