Staff Corporal Or Corporal First Class?

seanmc1114

I believe this picture dates from the 1950's. I assume the NCO is a Staff Sergeant and the rank has been edited/amended in some way. But I can't tell if the editing was done in the image or on the uniform itself. And for what purpose?

post-1761-0-62717400-1389652108.jpg

I believe this picture dates from the 1950's. I assume the NCO is a Staff Sergeant and the rank has been edited/amended in some way. But I can't tell if the editing was done in the image or on the uniform itself. And for what purpose?

That's weird, don't know what that supposed to be. Maybe as you think a doctored photo either or, looks like it would be a WWII era Silver/White Woven on Black or Silver/White Embroidered on Black Twill Sergeant First Class, that or the Gold on Army Green version with it's center doctored, no way there was a rank insignia like that center both appearance or color.

I think it's a gold on AG Staff Sgt with the bottom chevron being covered over or photoshopped-out.

S/Sgt, I can buy that Kurt, wonder why this insigina was messed with? BYW Sean were did you find this photo, in a period Army Periodical?