I know it's USAF, but...

Alonzo

Just recently acquired this from a collector in central Alberta. The story is (yes, I know one does not buy the story) that the airman was Canadian, from Saskatchewan, and served in the USAF during ht eVietnam period. I do not have a clue in what capacity though by the looks of it the Air Police badge may indicate something...or nothing. I am not well versed on USAF stuff of this era and the 1960's is the latest artifacts I have in the collection. Your help on this would be appreciated. BTW the uniform came with the service cap numbered L8248.

Here are the pics.

What is with the White and Blue Cord? The white cord is not fitted correctly, should be over the epaullette

usaf-2_zps7eecb223.jpg

Close-up of the patch and ribbons, got the ribbons figured out. What is Flight 288????

usaf-4_zpsde222da8.jpg

The Air Police badge, it is numbered

usaf-1_zps4ca6da69.jpg

Nice early 1960's tagged coat

usaf-5_zpse0cc2acb.jpg

Yes he was part of the Security Forces by the badge. I am guessing that he would also be stationed at a high profile base or building by the cords. I do not know what the patch is for other than maybe an excercise or a war game.

Mike

This is a photo from the Strategic Air and Space Museum in Ashland, NE.

The uniform is for the SAC Elite Guard, which guarded high value facilities on Offutt Air Force Base during the Cold War.

The display shows the wear of the white shoulder chord.

I have no idea what the white and blue one might be. It could have been awarded for an outstanding achievement, but not sure.

AA Sac 52.jpg