Z3 vs G3 G suit?

7thPRG

Gents,

How close are the Z3 and G3 G suits?

I have been looking for a G3 (Or G3A) for years and have just about given up on finding one.... I have now been offered a 1945 date Z3 and was wondering how similar they are

Many thanks

Pete

Dustin,

I was thinking of picking up the Z3 to fill the gap in my AAF collection until I am lucky enough to find a G3 or G3A (been looking for a LONG time now!) . The seller is telling me the Z3 is based heavily on the G3 and was looking for another opinion to see if it was close enough...

Many thanks

Pete

Ahh yes the pressure to fill a gap...know how that feels! Though similar in design in the end it just isn't correct. If a WWII contract Z-3 then there is value to flip if and when you find a G suit. Make sure it has a NOA or 288 prefix contract not a 383 prefix, big value difference between them. A 383 prefix Z suit would be way out of bounds if trying to represent a WWII pilot. I would suggest waiting honestly, one suggestion would be to put in a saved search on eBay and have an email notification that way you will never miss an opportunity.

Dustin,

Many thanks for your advice. Do G3's come up on eBay? I can't say I have seen one come up and I do a regular search on G-suit/ pressure suit.

The pictures of the Z3 show a 288 prefix and is $400 is that about the right money to pay?

Many thanks

Pete

Pete, they show up on eBay from time to time, saw one in the last six months.

$400 seems steep to me especially for a "filler" piece but I'm sure others will chime in that have a better concept of current values. $400 should buy you a G3 the last I knew, again I'd wait for the right one to come along!

Dustin,

Again, Many thanks. I will pass on the Z3 and hope for a G3 to come up.

Cheers for your help

Al the best

Pete

Gents,

Many thanks for all your help.

Two questions now:-

Do G3's come up for sale? as I have yet to see one...

What is a good price to pay for one?

Many thanks for all your time and help so far

Cheers

Pete

Gents,

I would like to extend a massive thanks to one of the members on here who has got in touch with me and I am pleased to say there is a set of G3's winging their way across the Atlantic to me now! He knows who he is and, you Sir, are a star!

What an amazing community this is!

Cheers

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see you finally got one Pete,

I just need to find a 'Large Long' and I'll be happy although I think I've got more chance of Nelson getting his eye back ;)