Viking head on humvee in iraq

joachim

Hello,

the other day I saw a pic of a humvee in iraq with a viking like head/helmet on the rear side. underneed the picture it stated it was a 325th gir convoy. Now I don't find this picture anymore, does anyone have an idea with unit this was? and a clear picture?

thx a lot,

joachim

Could be a mascot or platoon thing like 'Viking Platoon' or something of that order. It could also be guys just having fun on deployments. One of our MRAPs in my battery had a Eeyore stuffed animal attached to its rhino, which was pretty hilarious.

thx redlegGI, so it might be impossible to figure out if it was a platoon thing? I'll keep looking for that pic and post it if I find it again

thx

joachim

Could be Minnesota Vikings (American Football team) fans. Maybe a Minnesota Guard unit attached to the 325th?

Could be.Several units here in the area and in Minnesota use to wear the 47th Division patch(viking helmet)many have reverted to the 34th now.

it was a more futuristique helmet, I'm receiving tomorrow a leand out book back maybe it was in that one... if si i'll post it here