82nd Airborne Ike Jacket

TCSchultz

Recently a dealer who I buy stuff from told me that he had an Ike Jacket that was for an Airborne Anti Aircraft unit, which I know existed, so I met him to buy it and as it turns out what he took to be the "AA" for Anti-Aircraft was in fact for "All Ameican" and it was a nice clean 82nd Airborne Ike with Jump Wings and oval along with ribbons and collar brass for an Infantry Sgt. The oval appears to be for the 505th PIR being sold blue with a red edge but it also has white piping around the oval and the SSI. The oval is blue felt while the wings are pinback and marked STERLING. There is a name in the sleeve but I can't read it so for now it's remains unnamed. Here's some pictures and hope that you find it of interest.

post-17286-0-81869000-1389552069.jpg

post-17286-0-16048700-1389552365.jpg

" There is a name in the sleeve but i can't read it so for now it's remains unnamed "

Could you please explain that phrase ? :D

Overall, verry cool jacket!

It does look really similar, doesn't it. How... odd.

As a matter of interest, the 82nd patch on the Ike on this thread does look like a British-made one, in the smooth silky thread, with the slightly lighter colouring.

Cheers,

Glen.

Thanks for the positive comments and most appreciated. I'm surprised that no one picked up on the fact that it doesn't have a Combat Infantryman's Badge either nor does it show pinholes for one being there. As for the lack of battle stars that've I've seen on some ribbon bars so that isn't as big a concern. The patch may look shiny as the flash was too close to it, as in person it looks american made. As it being unnamed by that I meant that I haven't been able to make out the name yet. I think it's good and since the person who sold it to me didn't even know it was 82nd AB the price was right too so I'm not too worried about it being dummmied up for my benefit.

You're right, after looking at the one currently on ebay there are some similarities that would make a detective go... Hmmmm. The biggest Hmmm for me are the hand made ovals. One showing up would be OK, but when 2 show up at the exact same time and that are virtually identical except for the little para cord triming is a ????

How about a picture of the name and maybe we can figure it out ?

The one one eBay is ID'd too.

Anyone get the name of that one ?

It has terrible pictures of the patch with a yellow tint.

The felt of the ovals look different one from the other.

The one one eBay is ID'd too.

The link worked for you I presume? I tried it and it took me to a generic search for airborne items.

The link didn't work for me either.

I hunted it down and read a question from a bidder where the seller said they would text them pictures.

Texting pictures sounds weird.

Not for nothing but the one that was on Ebay is in GA and mine came from NH, plus mine has the paracord around the oval and the patch. Plus I paid a third of that listing price for mine and it's not for sale. That said I do see the similar oval materials and colors so perhaps they both came from the same source and timeframe. I'll post pictures of the name when I get a chance and will check for pinholes in the pocket flap for the CIB.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
CNY Militaria

I have this jacket from a recent buy....Looks very similar to the one posted above, almost as if made by the same hand.

s-l1600a.jpg