Signal Corps Garrison Cap

I just bought this garrison cap at a local show. It looks like it just came off the shelf. It's so nice that I'm thinking it's to good to be true. Could it be a reproduction???

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

"The history of gunfighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William (Bill) H. Jordan, 1965

North Coast Military Antiques

https://northcoastmilitaryantiques.com

"preserving history, one piece at a time"

Hello,Wedgehead,it looks like your cap is unused old stock,"store-bought" (private purchase) it would have been,approved wear,just not Government Issue (a G.I. cap would have the spec.tag with dates and size on it) plenty of these were worn by soldiers in WW2,especially if they "lost" their issue caps while home on furlough...just my humble opinion tendered,Best Regards,Jeff

Looks fine.

In memory of Lance Corporal Jeremy S. Lasher, 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force. Killed in Action July 23, 2009, Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Semper Fi

Lance Corporal's 2/8 challenge coin was STOLEN from his grave. Please see the following forum link for details: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/210650-challenge-coin-stolen-from-marine-kia-grave/&do=findComment&comment=1654270

My eBay Auctions: http://shop.ebay.com...s/m.html?_dmd=1

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

No problem, nice original period hat.

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

You can not pronounce as knowledge anything you can not demonstrate.

ASMIC Secretary

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Scott...is that a plain white cotton lining? Rayon in various shades was more commonly used in "tailor shop" caps. I've got dozens of them, as you know, and not one has a white cotton lining...but that's not to say that some didn't.

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Scott...is that a plain white cotton lining? Rayon in various shades was more commonly used in "tailor shop" caps. I've got dozens of them, as you know, and not one has a white cotton lining...but that's not to say that some didn't.

Yes, it is. That's what was throwing me off and causing me to question it's legitimacy.

"The history of gunfighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William (Bill) H. Jordan, 1965

North Coast Military Antiques

https://northcoastmilitaryantiques.com

"preserving history, one piece at a time"

Yes, it is. That's what was throwing me off and causing me to question it's legitimacy.

Don't become a victim of "repro paranoia". Making reproductions is all about making money and with the exception of FSSF and Tank Destroyer piped caps making these piped caps would probably cost more than they can be sold for.

I've seen a lot of different linings on piped caps. This one looks fine.

Garth

The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement.

A night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities to experience all three at the same time.

You can not pronounce as knowledge anything you can not demonstrate.

ASMIC Secretary

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Not so. They sell for in excess of $30 in the UK. Various BOS pipings are available.

garrisoncap1.JPG

http://www.epicmilitaria.com/product.php/1226/infantry-garrison-cap-blue-piping

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif