Web Belt?

kilgarvan

Looking for some help to ID this web belt. Thoughts, comments welcome. I have no idea what it is. Looks to have US and M stamped on it (see pics).

Thanks

post-150849-0-84760200-1389473223.jpg

My first reaction is that this is a commercially made belt. The brass "wash" is coming off. GI belts use solid brass parts.

I'd be interested to see what others have to say.

In my opinion, a commercial belt.

None of the details add up, which makes this a non-issue belt. The buckles are patterned after the WWII alloy type, the keepers are of the M1956 Individual Equipment Belt type, the snap for the ammo pocket is too far over, and of course, the use of what appears to be steel fittings in lieu of brass.

RC

Thanks guys. That's what I was thinking as well. Was hoping otherwise but appreciate your help. I didn't pay anything for it so no money lost.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a tool belt, saw one sort of like it laying around a job sight the other day. same color buckles too. Or perhaps its a really bad fake. strange though, It looks like the effort was made to at least have the same layout. private military school would also be a good explanation. it'd be interesting to find out for sure.