Desert Storm Iraqi bring backs

agate hunter

Here are some items I got from a Desert Storm veteran who was an MP over there. Most of the items were gathered when picking up Iraqi prisoners.

post-10495-0-90945300-1389405984.jpg

Close up of books, blue one is some sort of order of battle book and the one on the right is some sort of test booklet.

post-10495-0-87904500-1389406433.jpg

The map is whats up, good stuff right there. that, especially marked, will be worth checking out at some point. thanks for posting it.

Nice collection.

I've got one of those magazine pouches, too. I picked it up outside of the Al Wafra oil fields. But yours is in much better condition.

post-106351-0-65400500-1389503317.jpg

Very nice items and the gem there is actually the shoulder boards on the shirt. They are a printed version commonly used during the Iran-Iraq War but largely phased out during Desert Storm and pretty non-existent by OIF. As for the duffle bag, they are all marked that way, it is called a "Jihm" and is simply the acceptance mark for the Ministry of Defense, just like ours are marked U.S. A very nice haul of stuff from an up and coming area of collecting. Scott

Very nice items and the gem there is actually the shoulder boards on the shirt. They are a printed version commonly used during the Iran-Iraq War but largely phased out during Desert Storm and pretty non-existent by OIF.

I was going to say the same thing. The shoulder boards are great.

Although Iraq was oil rich and boasted the largest army in the Arab world, the quality of their general equipment I see featured here and elsewhere on the forum etc., seems to be of rather poor quality. Would that be a reasonable assumption to make?

Although Iraq was oil rich and boasted the largest army in the Arab world, the quality of their general equipment I see featured here and elsewhere on the forum etc., seems to be of rather poor quality. Would that be a reasonable assumption to make?

the Iraqis purchased most of their military gear from other countries, mostly third world or eastern european manufacture, also lots of Chinese gear

the embargo also caused a problem and they had to manufacture some of their own from local sources that was usually much cruder in quality

the last model of fiber type helmets made by Iraq were some of the crudest quality military helmets Ive ever seen, almost looks like a movie prop