1992-1994 Crow's Nest (Newsletter of Sea Services' Insignia)

hhbooker2

Issue 13, page 50. :) This was when I had a full head of hair and a full beard, since then I've lost about 4/5th's of my hair and my beard thinned to the point it appeared as though I had been attacked by a colony of hungry moths. Needless to say, I no longer look this young and handsome, this was 14 years ago, my eyebrows are shorter in length and bushy now, believe it or not? :rolleyes:

post-837-1213160360.jpg

Issue 13, page 62. :(

This was the final page of the Crow's Nest, however I did find page 2 of the prposed, nut never printed Issue 14. There were 436 pages counting both the unpublished Issue 14 draft and the revised Issue 11, both have been presented hhere side-by-side to see the differences in the articles and artwork. Thanks to Stephen Decatur Rohde and his wife for the labour of love, could not have done half as much without them!

post-837-1213233074.jpg

Issue 14, page 2. crybaby.gif (The Issue that never was!) See if you anything you recognize on this page, let us know? The rank mark (shoulder board) was replaced in 1913 for a short period with a cloth epaulette that bore the branch insignia and the rank insignia of the wearer, thankfully they went back to the black rank marks with gold lace stripes. These are very rare and sought after by serious collector without much chance of finding them all. Feel free to download these scans and put them on a CD to give away or sell if you wish to do so with my compliments. Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected])

post-837-1213233448.jpg

• 8 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...