A VETERAN'S WAR ROOM-1946

BEAST

Thought some of you would like to see how one veteran's bring-backs looked like right after the war. The items in this room were brought home by a MP officer who served with the 88th Infantry Division. He was one of the officers who arrested German General Karl Wolff, commander of the all SS troops in Bolzano, Italy. Many of the items you see in these photos were taken from Wolff's headquarters.

The photos shown were take around 1946 when an article also shown below was written for a local newspaper. Unfortunately, I have no idea where any of these items are today. The photos and article came from his brother.

post-203-0-75484900-1389232185.jpeg post-203-0-93664200-1389232190.jpeg

Those are Wolff's uniforms hanging on the wall.

He had a good eye as there is rare and better than average stuff everywhere.

I wonder who bought it ?

I know a man (very well known dealer) who had dinner with Wolff shortly before he died. Amazing stuff for sure! At one point, one of his uniforms passed through one of his catalogs, and I had the pleasure of seeing it in person.

USCapturephotos

...I feel like I read something recently about one of General Wolffs artifacts. I can't remember where thoughDo you own the original photos now? I have some shots in my collection of early GI collection but none showing this level of artifact. Thanks for sharing!

Any chance I could get a photo quality copy?

Paul

...I feel like I read something recently about one of General Wolffs artifacts. I can't remember where thoughDo you own the original photos now? I have some shots in my collection of early GI collection but none showing this level of artifact. Thanks for sharing!

Any chance I could get a photo quality copy?

Paul

It would be interesting to read where the Wolff's items are today. I own the original photos from the 1946 article. They were part of his brother's group which I picked up several years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Kurt Barickman

Karl Wolff's items were showcased back in the 1980s when they were released from the vet's family. What a treasure trove, his helping end the war early in Northern Italy helped save his neck albeit his close relationship with his boss Himmler. Thanks for posting.

Kurt