German SS Generals Uniform

tigerfan

Here is one that I had a few years back that was acquired directly from the family of a veteran. Unfortunately this veteran had already passed on so the actual story of how/where he got this uniform was lost. He had stored this tunic, overcoat and two pairs of pants in a footlocker for decades. This uniform once belonged to Obergruppenfuhrer Richard Hildebrant, one of the highest ranking generals in the SS. Some may remember seeing this set as there was a two page article about it in the military trader and then went to the SOS.

I thought this photo was deleted long ago but just stumbled across it in an old file.

(Hildebrant was tried at the Nurenberg Trials and I believe sentenced to 25years. However, Poland wanted to put him on trial also. He didn't make it).

post-2609-0-76714800-1389223832.jpg

That's amazing.

Does the overcoat have toxic green waffenfarb ?

Amazing !

It had green under the boards and silver bullion around the collar.

I saw this at the SOS and as an old German collector you should have handed out tissue to stop the drooling.Scotty

Stunning uniform. The history of the person who wore this and simply the fact it survived and was not destroyed at the end of the war is incredible. A centerpiece for any collection specializing in the Third Reich..

Congratulations on an incredible find..

Leigh

I remember this from the SOS too - actually, I apparently almost knocked it over a couple time while rooting through Tigerfan's stacks of uniforms, and he was very cool about alerting me to that. Lol. Any other dealer probably would have tackled me!

Very unique and very nice. Do you have a closeup of the ribbon bar?

I can't find a close up of the ribbons but did find this one.

post-2609-0-91145100-1389919033.jpg

Thank you very much. Sadly i cant make out the awards.

But all the details on the uniform is amazing.

I can't find a close up of the ribbons but did find this one.

Interesting person. Bad man, very bad man. I googled him and a lot pops up on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hildebrandt

Here is a close up of the uniform.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniforms-insignia/uniform-obergruppenfuhrer-richard-hildebrandt-9056/

Very bad man. Glad he got what was coming to him. Too bad it was not sooner. All that stated: stunning uniform.