Operation Alligator 84

chuckie

Was going thru my patches today and always wondered what this patch was for. Could not find any info on the web. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Chuck

post-8180-0-57489500-1389115412.jpg

kriegsmodell

Was going thru my patches today and always wondered what this patch was for. Could not find any info on the web. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks, Chuck

Pocket patch for B Company, 1st Battalion, 11th Special Forces Group (Airborne) Training Exercise in Florida, 1984. Can't tell from the photo if this is a first generation example or a more recent copy. Original examples are very scarce.

This was an annual FTX in the Everglades, hosted by the 3rd Bn (FLorida) of the 11th. I designed this patch and those of following years, when the name was rendered as GATOR. Last one was IIRC 1988, which I attended, or maybe one more in 1989. There were also souvenir T-shirts and ball caps with the logos.

kriegsmodell

This was an annual FTX in the Everglades, hosted by the 3rd Bn (FLorida) of the 11th. I designed this patch and those of following years, when the name was rendered as GATOR. Last one was IIRC 1988, which I attended, or maybe one more in 1989. There were also souvenir T-shirts and ball caps with the logos.

Thanks for posting these details. As far as the patches, I have Florida FTX examples for 1984, 1985 (several variants), 1986, and 1988. There certainly may be others as well. Some state Alligator or Gator, and others Everglades.

Patchcollector

I have a small group that includes one of these Training Exercise OP's patches.I can't remember what year it was for,I'll have to dig it out and check.