Help restoring a post war parachute harness?

Guest RListon

Guest RListon

I've got a post-war (Nov. 48 dated) parachute harness and could use some help.

As best I can tell, it is an AN6513 harness. However it seems to be missing the chest strap that connects/secures the two vertical straps that have the "D" rings to which the barrel type chest parachute pack was attached.

Also, it has two very large loops of webbing material with a ring on one side and a snap on the other that I can't figure out.

I've collected some hardware to attempt to set up an harness. I can use these to replace the hardware that is missing on the leg straps.

I've included pictures of the harness.

I could really use help finding a backpad, a chest parachute pack (either the square or barrel type QAC with snaps), and help figuring out exactly what I've got. I can send more pictures if these are helpful.

Thanks!

Rick Liston

Victory in Europe

Dayton, OH

post-2596-1210543122.jpg

post-2596-1210543133.jpg

post-2596-1210543147.jpg

Bob Bashaw in Florida does parachute work.He makes harnesses for re-enacting.He may also do repair work or rebuilds.Here is a number for him and email.Phone 850-456-3327,webb site www.vintageparachutes.com.Hope this helps.

RON

OK. Attached is a diagram of an AN6513. If you compare it to your harness, you will see that you are missing the chest strap and the hardware for the two leg straps.

You have all the hardware you need to make the repair EXCEPT the buckles used on the leg straps. Unlike the buckles you have, the leg strap buckles have one hole that is larger than the other. You also need two pieces of webbing approximately 18" long for the chest strap.

I could fix the harness except my sewing machine is down with no appearance it will be fixed in the near future.

Tom thumbsup.gif

post-81-1210635126.jpg