Excellent Condition WW2 Flight Gear Thread

JDK

Thanks JD...are those the kind of things you envisaged for this thread? Another super condition A2...and in a human size too! As a matter of interest, do you ever dare to wear this, or any of them yourself...or do you resort to Eastmans like the rest of us!? :D

A few years back I got into a old warehouse that had a crate of un-issued A-9 Flight Pants. I bought abut a dozen. Sold most, but kept a couple of them for myself.

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-7.jpg

Thanks JD...are those the kind of things you envisaged for this thread? Another super condition A2...and in a human size too! As a matter of interest, do you ever dare to wear this, or any of them yourself...or do you resort to Eastmans like the rest of us!? :D

Hey Ian,

No visions for the thread. Just looking to see some nice flight gear.

I have worn some of this, but really don't more than once or twice a year when getting together with some fellow local collectors.

JD

I recently traded a mint pair of down-filled A8 flying trousers with Carl, made by Eddie Bauer, size 46"!! I doubt whether many airmen fell in that size category!

doinworkinvans

My vision = which I believe to be coming true,,,is that this will be an excellent reference section. For me as well as others!

Here's one I used to own many years ago. One of the best condition untouched painted jackets I ever had. Virtually painted, and then put into a footlocker. Jacket was near excellent condition wise as well.

For the record this A-2 is a Dubow

355.jpg

Heated shoe inserts (courtesy of Johan!)

post-92-1318349870.jpg

MM nice !! I have a pair of those on their way along with a minty pair of F2 gloves to suit !!

LB

I've always liked those (Sun Visor), and they are getting tougher to find.

JD

Very true...but you can only use them if the flying helmet in question has had the two extra male snaps added to attach it...and personally I've yet to see or find one!

Hi,

Here my exemple, an A-10A flying helmet by Lite Mfg. This modification has be done on a few A-11 flying helmets also.

a-10a_10.jpg

A+ Mathieu