POWs and Purple Hearts

ColdWarRules

ColdWarRules

Hi!

I have a Purple Heart that I'm trying to get research done on. There are 4 men with his name in the Army during WW2, one was eliminated from the list because he did not receive the Purple Heart. So 3 were narrowed down. However one caught my eye, he enlisted in 1939 and went to the Philippine Department and I have a gut feeling the Purple Heart belonged to him. There are three possibilities, he was Killed in action, Wounded, taken prisoner, or a POW and died.

So my question is, if he was a POW what circumstances would qualify him getting the Purple Heart? Dying as a prisoner? or even just being a prisoner for a long time?

Thanks!

-Nick

ColdWarRules

I'm not certain he was a POW, since he was in the Philippine Department there is a likelihood if he wasn't killed that he was a POW.

Edward J. Bauman is his name

Enlistment records reveal four names identified. What state did the veteran enlist?

Robert

I'm not certain he was a POW, since he was in the Philippine Department there is a likelihood if he wasn't killed that he was a POW.

Edward J. Bauman is his name

Enlistment records reveal four names identified. What state did the veteran enlist?

Robert

I discovered he was from Wisconsin?

Robert