VC Polictical Officer/Tax Collector flag

skir

Here is a VC flag captured by 6th Plt. SEAL 2 in the Delta Region SVN. Flag was for the Local VC Political Officer / Tax collector of the area. 6th Plt. ambushed and killed the Officer and his bodyguards. Enjoy

post-10493-0-94900900-1388952042.jpg

Really nice items - I'd also be interested in hearing more info about the capture if you have it. And I'd definitely like to see a better view of that pennant.

I bought a ton of items from a CAP Marine and among them are a tax collector's pouch and his sandals, among other items.

Nothing really more to tell about the ambush, typical USN/PRU op.I was not there and am not going to speculate. I do know the Chief that the grouping is from did not get the pennant himself, he got the VC oil lamp in the photo off one of the bodyguards. He traded the Lt. who took the flag off the officer a Browning .25 pistol for the flag. Purposely fuzzy picture of the front and not showing what is on the reverse as don't want to see VC Pol. Officer flags on ebay next month

My only question on fuzzy pictures is if this Forum is a teaching tool how does a diffused shot of anything tell us how to tell good from bad.If we are afraid of repros we have to know what real items look like.I think worrying about a repro item of any collectible and not teaching people what to look for when we have a real one is not good for the hobby.I have handled many many items worth thousands and thousands of dollars and give clear shots of both front and back of these items as a teaching tool.I have seen piles and piles of reproduced VC NVA flags I am sure this flag has been done before.Its a rare rare item and I am happy you own it but I wish I could see it for what it is a Real VC NVA Tax Collectors Pennant.Just my personal opinion for what its worth.Scotty

Its not about the flag, Its not about the dollars, its not about educating collectors. Its about remembering a Friend. BTW, what Team were You with?

No team at all but I still think fuzzy photos defeat the pourpose of any forum and its all about education of young collectors.Scotty