Unknown Army Qualification Badge

seanmc1114

Does anyone know what the badge being worn above this Warrant Officer's ribbons is? I can't locate it among any of the Army's badges shown on the Institute of Heraldry website. Could it be the Air Force Space Operations Badge?

post-1761-0-25017600-1388932564.jpg

post-1761-0-13662500-1388932827.png

In 2006, the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force authorized the awarding of the Air Force Space Badge to Army personnel who meet specific guidelines for training and time in a space billet. On 19 October 2006, SGT Daniel Holscher, a satellite control operations noncommissioned officer with U.S. Army Central Space Support Element, was the first enlisted soldier to earn the Air Force Space Badge.[7]

In February 2011, the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army officially approved the establishment of the Air Force Space Badge as a joint Air Force and Army badge; thus, the words “Air Force” were dropped from the official name of the badge. U.S. Army personnel can be awarded the Space Badge after attending Air Force or Army space or satellite systems courses and have 12 months (for Active Army) or 24 months (for Army Reserve and Army National Guard) experience in a space billet. This new badge is also awarded to graduates of the FA-40A, Army Space Operations Officer course, replacing the Air Force Space and Missile Badge. From 2006 through April 2011, 1,425 Space Badges have been awarded to Army personnel.[4][8]

On January 2014, General William L. Shelton (USAF) ordered the renaming of the Space Badge to Space Operations Badge and changed the rules associated with how Airman are eligible to earn the badge. The Space Operations Badge is now restricted to Air Force Specialty Codes 13S and 1C6 but can be earned by non-operations personnel after meeting certain criteria. For Airman to now earn the Space Operations Badge, members must have completed three years of operations-focused duties and receive Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) vice commander approval. To receive the Senior Space Operations Badge, members must complete seven years of operations-focused duties and get AFSPC vice commander approval. After completion of 15 years of operations-focused duties and AFSPC vice commander approval, Airmen are eligible for the Command Space Operations Badge. It is unknown if these changes will affect Army personnel who also earn this badge.[9]

The badge is informally referred to as "space wings" due to the resemblance to other aeronautical rating badges or "wings."[10][11

From WIKI.

Interesting, better design than most anything else to come out in the last decade. I wonder if you press the center of it, if you can teleport to the next aircraft?

• 3 months later...

I am curious what the two badges are above his nameplate. I am guessing they are foreign qualifying badges. I am curious of designation and country.

Thank you for any clarification.

Marko

I am curious what the two badges are above his nameplate. I am guessing they are foreign qualifying badges. I am curious of designation and country.

Marko

Marko-

The top insignia is the 4th Air Defense Artillery crest - his regimental affiliation.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...
CIBandEIBisAllyouNeed

Marko

The jump wings I believe are Thai