USMC Marksmanship Badges w/Unauthorized EGA Affixed

Bob Hudson

wasn't aware this thread had been merged! here are a couple more that sold on eBay tonight...

unfortunately, I lost the sharpshooter badge

238628385_tp.jpg

238628481_tp.jpg

996e9d8e.jpg

2a312a43.jpg

This one in unarguably a Marine Expert Rifleman badge as it has an EGA superimposed on the crossed rifles. I just recently got this one from eBay. It has a somewhat shorter pin that the other rifle qual badges.

post-1107-1237507307.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

a nice Meyers piece with EGA affixed that sold last night for a fair price. would have bid higher but I've recently purchased some other things...

243074069_tp.jpg

242811028_tp.jpg

here's my own modern Marksman with non-reg EGA...similar to the one posted by Hired Gun only the EGA is a bit bigger. This cost me nearly as much as WWII expert badges with non-reg EGAs sell for :blink: nonetheless, a nice and uncommon variation that no lineup of non-reg applied EGA badge collection can be without thumbsup.gif

also, notice the SER 437 mark and H&H...once again, I think the SER mark indicates late 50s/early 60s...around the transition period of badges as Korean War era EGAs often have these SER marks

MM_NonReg_Front.JPG

I was tempted when I saw that one on ebay, but couldn't bring my self to pay that much for a Pizza box. None the less, nice badge. I have not seen many (none that I can remember).

teufelhunde.ret
.... but couldn't bring my self to pay that much for a Pizza box.

That's a good one laughing1.gif ... back in the day we called them the toilet seat!

That's a good one laughing1.gif ... back in the day we called them the toilet seat!

goes nice with the 'Pizza Stain' National Defense Ribbon they get at Boot Camp graduation

another one on eBay...sterling marked...the economy hasn't lowered the value of these, evidentally

pnmarinesrifle.jpg

pnmarinesrifle2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

another great addition to the collection...expert badge, c-clasp, with EGA attached. notice the ring on the rear of the emblem. any ideas why that's there?

ExpertEGA1.JPG

ExpertEGA2.JPG

the c-clasps appeared on this badge around WWI, and were used all the way up until about WWII. no way to tell what actual decade for the badge, it could date from the 20s...but the EGA was almost certainly added in WWII when this practice became commonplace

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

a recent addition from the USMC collection I recently bought...unoffical EGA applied and every bar/piece marked H&H Sterling...uncommon that all pieces on these ladder badges have the same marks

101_0853.JPG

a recent addition from the USMC collection I recently bought...unoffical EGA applied and every bar/piece marked H&H Sterling...uncommon that all pieces on these ladder badges have the same marks

Brig,

Very nice! USMC shooting badges are my weakness!

....Kat

• 1 year later...