My WWII A Little Bit of Everything Collection War Room

Hookemhorns88

Hookemhorns88

All of the photos are really good very nice collection! Is the 63rd Division Uniform Named?

Yes, it is named to Kenneth E. Crouse of HQ Co. I have no other info about him. Should you have anything to share it would be much appreciated.

That's a great room-the design elements are perfect. Thanks for sharing a top-notch collection. BTW-I think Charlie Strong will do an excellent job for you guys.

This is just outstanding. I bet it has that great old smell too. I'd love to kick back on a winters day with a cup of coffee and butter shots and read a book in there.

Ah, but then I'd probably get drunk, fall down those stairs and ruin the whole thing!! :lol:

Seriously, there are so many great ideas here. Thanks for sharing it with us.

This is just outstanding. I bet it has that great old smell too. I'd love to kick back on a winters day with a cup of coffee and butter shots and read a book in there.

Ah, but then I'd probably get drunk, fall down those stairs and ruin the whole thing!! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Hookemhorns88

That's a great room-the design elements are perfect. Thanks for sharing a top-notch collection. BTW-I think Charlie Strong will do an excellent job for you guys.

Thanks for the compliments. Most of the material was free; just the demolition time.

I am already looking forward to next season to see what Strong does with the 'Horns! Hookem Horns!!

Hookemhorns88

Thanks. I find myself spending a lot of time lately as I am trying to catalog and ID my stuff and do further research. A few years ago I started it but let it lapse and get away from me. I have a spreadsheet with items listed and hyperlink to a photo of the item. Time consuming but worth it.

And the stairs, they pose a problem occasionally particularly with older visitors. Hopefully the wife will let me move it downstairs once both kids have graduated from college and are for sure out of the house!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, it is named to Kenneth E. Crouse of HQ Co. I have no other info about him. Should you have anything to share it would be much appreciated.

There was not a Kenneth E. Crouse in the 63rd Division during World War II but there was a Kenneth E. Clouse 33515080 T/4 HQ 63 Division. He received a Bronze Star without V on 27 April 1945. Here is what I found, I hope it helps you.

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER

NAME

CLOUSE#KENNETH#E########

CLOUSE#KENNETH#E########

RESIDENCE: STATE

Undefined Code

RESIDENCE: COUNTY

Undefined Code

PLACE OF ENLISTMENT

HARRISBURG PENNSYLVANIA

DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY

DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH

DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR

GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION

PVT#

Private

GRADE: CODE

Private

BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION

NO#

No branch assignment

BRANCH: CODE

No branch assignment

FIELD USE AS DESIRED

#

#

TERM OF ENLISTMENT

Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law

LONGEVITY

###

###

SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL

Civil Life

NATIVITY

PENNSYLVANIA

YEAR OF BIRTH

RACE AND CITIZENSHIP

White, citizen

EDUCATION

2 years of high school

CIVILIAN OCCUPATION

Semiskilled chauffeurs and drivers, bus, taxi, truck, and tractor

MARITAL STATUS

Married

COMPONENT OF THE ARMY

Selectees (Enlisted Men)

CARD NUMBER

#

#

BOX NUMBER

FILM REEL NUMBER

G O 352

2wqfrio.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hookemhorns88

It has been a while since I have posted photos of my room. I have added a few items in the interim; most notably a bunch of photos, a few uniforms. and some headgear. The following images are a sampling.

AAC Officer Candidate School, MIami Beach, FL 1944. Note that there is one African-American in the group.

post-147204-0-54189600-1415717907.jpg

Have added a few photos. I have had to re-arrange a lot of the photos on the walls throughout my "allotted area" to make room.

post-147204-0-82683600-1415717955.jpg

Hookemhorns88

Headgear. I put white tissue paper in the hats to make them stand up. Takes up a bit more room but I find it more enjoyable be able to see them.

post-147204-0-39256500-1415718892.jpg

post-147204-0-74011300-1415718909.jpg

Manchu Warrior

I have frames stacked against walls and most of my items are boxed up with no place to display them. But now I know what it may look like if I ever have the room to display them. Well, not quite because you have much more than I would ever dream to have. Anyways, nice job and thanks for sharing your collection with us!!

Hookemhorns88

I have frames stacked against walls and most of my items are boxed up with no place to display them. But now I know what it may look like if I ever have the room to display them. Well, not quite because you have much more than I would ever dream to have. Anyways, nice job and thanks for sharing your collection with us!!

I have items framed and stacked up as well as wall space is a premium. At least with them framed they are protected and can be looked at easily.

• 4 weeks later...

You have a top notch collection and a very creative way of displaying it. It feels like you can just "sink into" the room and get lost in it. Really terrific!