My WWII A Little Bit of Everything Collection War Room

Hookemhorns88

Hookemhorns88

And I thought I had alot of framed items! How many do you estimate you have?

I have in the excess of 330 framed items (photos, documents).

Great Jumpin Horny Toads!!! Now that is what ya call a "collection room". I love the wall displays in the stairwell. I'm glad you posted all these photos for us to pour over. It just goes to show that you can have an outstandiong collection without specializing in one type item. A great example of collecting what you like and displaying it.

Always good to see another Texan on the forum and you'll be glad to be here. Lots of other great folks here to provide info on your items.

pathfinder505

I really like the way you displayed the pictures in the stairway. Very nice! Also like the look of the collection room.

Simply fantastic! Thanks for posting the additional pictures of the room. You have a collection that features a lot of quality and variety - something to be very proud of!

Hookemhorns88

Thanks all for your kind comments. I consider myself a "casual" collector and feel very fortunate to have what I do have. Being from a small town I have a lot of local items so I have the names and provenance of most of the things in the collection. Unfortunately the supply is limited! That is one reason I have such a diverse collection. Plus it presents the whole "scope" of the war. Yearly I take a sampling of my collection for a "show and tell" at the local school for the history classes. This gives me an opportunity to talk about the men and women who served and share the meaning of the various things in my collection.

Thanks again,

Michael

Great collection room, you have been able to achieve what many of us dream of acquiring for display space.

That WW1 DSC set is a great piece!

Philip

OUTSTANDING !!!

As A fellow collector that is contained in to one room by the boss :D .

I understand the amazing use of space .

When my sons moved out, I get yelled at for even looking in the direction of their rooms !

Also being able to travel to the different locations is the best part.

Congrats and welcome.

Dan

Very nicely displayed, the corrugated tin roof and ammo crate bookshelves really add a military hut feel for the displays. Thanks for posting.

John

Hookemhorns88

WOW! Thats alot of frames! Nice Display!

D

I know! I shudder just thinking about how much I have invested in the frames! One reason I joined this forum is to determine the value of what I have. Since I am not an expert on anything I am very cautious on what I buy and I do not buy big ticket items. Hopefully the kind folks on this forum will help me out.

I know! I shudder just thinking about how much I have invested in the frames! One reason I joined this forum is to determine the value of what I have. Since I am not an expert on anything I am very cautious on what I buy and I do not buy big ticket items. Hopefully the kind folks on this forum will help me out.

We can help you out. Clear out some of the space :lol:

D

Hookemhorns88

I just noticed that tin roof and all the wood.

Very nice touch.

It is amazing how hard it is to find an old house or barn being torn down when you are needing wood or metal! The look turned out nice. I went back and added some extra "spotlights" because it was kind of dark. Being the only room upstairs I put an A/C unit in there to supplement the central unit.

I dread the day that I am too old to navigate the stairs !!

Amazing collection! I'm very impressed with the quality of your collection and hope someday to have a war room like this. Looks great, very envious indeed!

-Brent