Jumpin Jack's Collection

Great collection. In post #66, I see some women's uniforms. Are they named? I also noticed that you have the women's Marine Corp cover on the head of a man. I know this is being picky but you might want to find a woman's head to put it on. It looks funny sitting on a man's head.

...Kat

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning Kat,

All my female uniform groupings are named. If you look down to the floor, you will see data plaques with each uniform. At the base of the summer work uniform you will see a photo of her with her AAF officer husband. As for female head gear on a male head, you got me there. Where do I find female heads, and wouldn't they require wigs? I have a nice grouping of female Army uniforms that have interesting histories. I'll take a photo for you. Best regards, Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

Some great items to view there Jack....now for the more detailed shots of some of the uniforms/medals in your spectacular collection. I have been wanting to view this for some time now, glad you decided to take the plunge into the digital camera field. Amazing collection sir!

Brian, my Friend,

Give me some idea what you would like to focus on, and I'll try to get it done. With this cold weather I have a lot of time on my hands.

Just picked up a very nice named 11th Abn Ike jacket from a fellow Forum member. Thank you Al!

I'll let you know when to send your payment for HIOM. I'm thinking February.

Best regards, Jack

I have a nice grouping of female Army uniforms that have interesting histories. I'll take a photo for you. Best regards, Jack

Jack,

I would LOVE to hear the histories of your women's uniforms. I love hearing about women's items. It doesn't matter how small or big the story. They are all fascinating to me. Thank you so very much for offering to take photos for me.

As for a female head, I have a styrofoam head from Hobby Lobby. I don't have a wig on the head because it is easy to tell it is a woman. Your heads are much nicer than mine. :) I am sure someone on here can tell you where to get a better woman's head.

Thanks again for showing your great collection....Kat

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

What an absolutely stunning collection! Thanking you so much for taking the time to share it with us.

Jules

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the "real Marines". " Lewis B. 'Chesty' Puller, USMC.

Wow. Incredible collection. Blown away not just by the quantity, but the quality, the display, and the information behind the items. Fantastic. Most definitely worth being in the "Kansas City area" just to see this collection.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Michael

post-247-0-31796900-1389113498.jpgKat, the photos that follow are for you. First one up are my WAAC and WAC groupings. First up is full mannequin in summer tan uniform. Allow me to introduce T/Sgt. Bernita Frank-Kuhl, 4th Service Command. She enlisted as a WAC in 1943. She married M/Sgt. Howard Kuhl, 3rd Ranger Bn, and was discharged 7 October 1944. I have a large number of photos of her service time She was awarded the Good Conduct Medal and WAC Service Medal. Next is Sgt. 1st Class Angela Cerato in the full winter uniform featuring the English made Ike jacket. She served on Eisenhower's staff in Washington, London and Frankfurt. She was awarded the Good Conduct Medal, WAC Service Medal and Occupation of Germany Medal. She married an Army Warrant Officer while in North Africa. The shadow box are effects of Sgt. Evelyn M. Smiley, niece of Navy Cross recipient Vincent Smiley. Her awards consists of the Good Conduct Medal, WAC Service Medal, ETO Campaign Medal, WWII Victory Medal and MUC. Next is the tan uniform in front of Sgt. 1st Class Cerato. This is Captain Mary W. Steinman. She entered the WAAC on 15 August 1942. On 16 Oct 1942 she was assigned to the 6th Officer Candidate Class , Fort Des Moines, Iowa. On 17 October 1942 she was promoted to the rank of Third Officer (2nd Lt), on 23 December to Second Officer (1st Lt) and on 9 July 1943 to First Officer (Capt.) She was assigned as School Mess Officer at Fort Devens. She married 1st Lt Charles DeBarger, USAAF, and was discharged on 27 August 1943. I am absolutely amazed at the number of military husband/wife teams that I've been able to meet.

Kat, I have a few other female photos to send, but the Forum is not playing nice. Every photo since the last one posted has been reject as being too large even if they record well under 150K. Maybe later. Jack

Kat, I have a few other female photos to send, but the Forum is not playing nice. Every photo since the last one posted has been reject as being too large even if they record well under 150K. Maybe later. Jack

Jack,

I really look forward to them. I just love to see all sorts of women's items.

Thanks again, Kat

Great Tuskegee items! Very hard to find. Thanks for sharing.

JD

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

I love checking this out.

I see something new each time.

You have the eye and passion of a connoisseur par excellence !

Had I it all back again this is how I would of wanted it to have looked.

donation2013.gif

Really, really impressive collection!

I collect pre-1948 US Navy rates, and WWII US Navy enlisted uniforms and equipment.

Wanted: items related to VPB-103, USN jumpers with USMC SSI and USMC uniforms with navy insignia.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Thank you all for your very kind comments. As much as I would like to continue posting photos, all my photos are being rejected as too large even after resizing well below the 150k limit. After too many years of not knowing how to post photos, I was finally on a roll. I have much to share. I have a technician coming in to get down to the problem. Hopefully, things will return to normal. Jack

My computer guru should be arriving in the next day or two so I can return to posting photos of my museum display. Did want you to know that I have found a source for some coat/shirt forms, which will be picked up tomorrow. I have made room for some additional displays, especially Marine related, so I'll get new photos to you providing the Forum will cooperate. Jack Angolia

• 2 weeks later...