Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack's Collection

Wow! When I see other people's collections I place them in one of two categories: quality or quantity, but you sir, you have some of the highest quality items that I have seen AND you have so much of them. Amazing collection.

How many items do you estimate you have total? And, are you specifically interested in items from WWII, or do you like in pre/post WWII as well?

-Richie

donation2015.gif

Thank you very much, Richie, for your most kind remarks. I attempt to limit myself solely to WWII era due to space limitations. When I first built my home, I thought there was adequate space allotted for the collection. Not the case! Now, I'm forced to rotate displays to do them justice. Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

post-247-0-43818400-1424188259.jpg

Recently, a friend brought one of his friends to view my aviation display. I was asked many ques-tions regarding the two Tuskegee groupings on display (both named). Later, my friend called and said his friend was in the process of building a model of the P-51 the Major flew. Two days ago, the model was delivered. True to detail in every regard, which makes for a fantastic display. Shown here is the model displayed with the grouping of Major Leonard F. Turner, 301st Fighter Squadron, 332nd Fighter Group.

Beautiful and amazing collection. Thnks for sharing.

Always looking for USN WW2 era Bullion Chief Petty Officer Rates, any Chief Petty Officer Airship Rigger Rates, Liberty Cuffs, WW2 USMC Insignia and Distinguishing Marks, and WW2 Civil Defense and Civil Air Patrol Insignia

OVMS Member
ASMIC Member

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Beautiful collection, love the Iwo Alphas! Look forward to the story on your Raider named frog skins!

***Items from unit called 8th Field Depot***

[Most frequently-sought unit because of family connection]

Intact ["out of the woodwork"] Marine Corps combat groups from WWII.

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Marine Corps valor recipient items.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

post-247-0-83504700-1427465672.jpg

post-247-0-20411500-1427465632.jpg

After a long dry spell, I have finally added another British Made piece of equipment to my collection.

The interior of the cover of the First Aid Pouch is marked "U.S. A.C. 1944/BRITISH MADE" Note the round snap closure, which is common to the British made pieces.

attachicon.gif1MarDiv003.JPG

Jakub, here also is the 1st Marine Division uniform you wanted to see.

Great blouse! It's always nice to see any 1st MarDiv uniform, was he Guadalcanal veteran?

Hello Corpsman, While normally most of my USMC uniforms are named, and have the background information, this is one that does not fall into that category. Sorry. I'm about to pick up a rather large grouping of USMC uniforms that will become available. Jack

Hello Jack, what a amazing and beautifull collection! Didn't know that. Nice to see some womens items too.

Jacqueline.

www.mannequinstylist.com

Hello Jack, what a amazing and beautifull collection! Didn't know that. Nice to see some womens items too.

Jacqueline.

Thank you very much. I'm glad that you took the opportunity to visit my display. I have been amazed at the number of WWII husband and wife teams that served during the war. Jack

Nice updates Jack, I somehow missed some of them.

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thank you very much. I'm glad that you took the opportunity to visit my display. I have been amazed at the number of WWII husband and wife teams that served during the war. Jack

Of course I wanted to take a look. What I didn't know was that so many couples served together during the war.Sure I've heard some stories, but don't know the things you all know here. It is great to learn more, thanks.

Jacqueline

www.mannequinstylist.com

post-247-0-32510100-1428709057.jpg

My most recent acquisition is this unnamed tunic for a Navy 3rd Class Corpsman assigned to the 6th Marine Division.

post-247-0-77633100-1428709273.jpg

Close up of the sleeve rating. The eagle is two-toned.

Jack,

Your artifact additions are outstanding! As always. I wouldn't expect anything less. Thank you for sharing.

Sean

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

post-247-0-09085900-1429808571.jpg

Yesterday's adventure! Uniform belonging to T-Sgt. Lester Hollenback, 31st QM Pack Troop, Merrill Marauders. He took part in the capture of Myitkyina, and the movement across the Stilwell Road to China where he reshoed 300 mules in the process. Note the CBI DI on his garrison cap.

post-247-0-25271300-1429808519.jpg

Merrill Marauder patch in bullion on his right sleeve

post-247-0-84495800-1429809143.jpg

Close-up of his decorations. All his sleeve insignia except the MUC is bullion.

This entire thread is incredible. I think I'd label this more of a museum than a collection. Maybe a museum collection. Either way it's a history buff's paradise.

What did Donitz write to you in that note? The photo was too small for me to make out the German....that must have been one pretty surreal day.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

This entire thread is incredible. I think I'd label this more of a museum than a collection. Maybe a museum collection. Either way it's a history buff's paradise.

What did Donitz write to you in that note? The photo was too small for me to make out the German....that must have been one pretty surreal day.

While I have had many, the two high points in my life is receiving a salute from President Eisenhower for my command of his Honor Guard at the Lighting of the Christmas Tree in Washington, and the day I spent with Donitz, where he allowed me to pose any questions I deemed pertinent. I came home and wrote the history of the WWII German Navy, of which I presented him with the resultant three volume set. His letter was expressing his appreciation. The honor that this letter represents is in his signature as he signed it "Karl Donitz" whereas his normal signature was simply "Donitz." The addition of his first name is the German familiar form. Jack

Good evening all. Just a quickie to let you now that I have just returned from vacation, which was fantastic! Wanted to let you know that I'll be adding some items to series that were received while I was gone. I really appreciate all the comments from those who have visited. Best regards to all. Jack Angolia

post-247-0-81114700-1434377504.jpg

Variant WWII first aid pouch similar in design to that of the early Marine Corps pouch, but construction is entirely different.

post-247-0-81752400-1434377613.jpg.

Interior view showing the manufacturer's logo J.Q.M.D. dated 1942.

post-247-0-81114700-1434377504.jpg

Variant WWII first aid pouch similar in design to that of the early Marine Corps pouch, but construction is entirely different.

post-247-0-81752400-1434377613.jpg.

Interior view showing the manufacturer's logo J.Q.M.D. dated 1942.