Jumpin Jack

Jumpin Jack's Collection

This is my first effort at posting photos to share with members of the Forum. There will be more to follow. The photo shown here shows three camouflage uniforms. The two at the left are two-piece USMC, while the one at right is a one-piece Army. The center uniform belonged to a Marine Raider. You'll be seeing other of his uniforms later. The one at the right belonged to a Vet during WWII that rose to Staff Sgt. rank, He later rose to full Colonel rank.

post-247-0-12760400-1388789207.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

Congrats Jack on posting some pics !!! well done sir !!

Carl

WANTED : RAF 1940 PATT FLYING BOOTS

WANTED : DINGHY TYPE K ,TYPE A

" ALWAYS WANTING USAAF ITEMS IN THEIR ORIGINAL PACKAGING "

"WOULD ALSO LIKE 487th FS AND 515TH BS RELATED ITEMS "

"Illegitmi non carborundum"

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Jack,

Your photo and the items depicted in it are excellent. Thanks for sharing this with us.

donation2014.gif

Shown here are a few pieces of headgear. Bottom row, 2nd from right is a fixed bail M1 with painted 3rd Inf Div insigne on each side. The helmet on the 2nd row has a protective face mask that serves as protection when firing the bazooks.

post-247-0-88321500-1388790668.jpg

to me, mannequins are creepy, but some of you guys make it look cool for sure, nice work

ASMIC 5212

ACTIVELY SEEKING 32ND INFANTRY REGIMENT ITEMS AND KOREAN MADE TOUR PATCHES 1946-1953!!!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

<p>

Thanks for showing these Jack. I look forward to seeing more.

"You can't please everyone so you have got to please yourself." Ricky Nelson

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Hi Jack

It is great to see your collection...

I assume this is the tip of the iceberg??

Thanks for taking the time to post...

Regards

Tom

THE OVERLORD COLLECTION

a virtual museum at theoverlordcollection.co.uk

www.m-1helmets.co.uk

the very tip !!! ;)

Nice......

Looking forward to more.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items

Really enjoy it when collectors share photos of their collection. They reflect the dedication, research and plain hard work that has gone into them and motivates fellow collectors to keep at it. Thanks very much sir!

Visit My Website

Falls Creek Collectibles
Selling Quality 20th Century Militaria

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif
donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Alright Jack, I'm glad you conquered the beast! I've seen more of this collection in previous non-digital photo's that Jack sent me, trust me, this is the tip of the tip of the iceberg. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Bring 'em on!! ;)

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Alright Jack, I'm glad you conquered the beast! I've seen more of this collection in previous non-digital photo's that Jack sent me, trust me, this is the tip of the tip of the iceberg. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

I ,as well ,have been very fortunate to see some none digital pictures of this mans collection

I just hope you are all sitting down when you get to see them ;)

LB

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this collection!

Looking for any WWII 104th "Timberwolf" Division items.

Including items from the 413th, 414th, and 415th Infantry Regiments 104th Recon Troop, 329th Engineer Battalion, 329th Medical Battalion

385th, 386th, 387th, and 929th Field Artillery Battalions 804th Ordnance Company 104th Quartermaster Company 104th Signal Company

555th Anti-Aircraft Battalion, 750th Tank Battalion 692nd Tank Destroyer Battalion 817th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2014.gif

to me, mannequins are creepy, but some of you guys make it look cool for sure, nice work

Tell me about it. I have a WWI officer's uniform that I would like to put on a mannequin. Want to step outside your box a bit? Look around ebay for mannequins. Seriously weird vibe there.

All that aside, excellent collection and display. My first combat uniform was a camo one piece that I bought with my Christmas money in 1996.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Thank you all for your comments. I have been really frustrated over the years not knowing how to post photos. I really wanted to share with the Forum members. I'll try to step up the pace and get more out. I'll intiially do overviews to get some practice in. Then, I will do some detailed stuff.

A note to Garandomatic: Where full mannequins are concerned, it is important to remember that you have to fit the mannequin to the uniform rather than the uniform to the mannequin. Try putting on the pants first, because if they don't fit, neither will the jacket or tunic. As for acquisition of mannequins, look for stores going out of business, "For Sale" listing in the newspapers, collectors down-sizing their collection. For appearance sake, try to avoid the modern mannequins with exagerated poses, etc.

Good luck! Jack Angolia

I am glad you were able to post pictures Colonel.

Thanks again, and I was able to get a copy of the 1st Volume of Hero's in our Midst..

I will be on ready for volume 2...

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

You're right, most out there now seem to be over six feet tall, not exactly WWI appropriate!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

post-247-0-14515800-1388949674.jpgSorry, but I've run into a glitch posting new overview photos. This will be solved tomorrow. Until then, I'll try to post some specific photos.

Shown here is the Ike jacket belonging to SSgt. Jack C. Cockrill, 479th Fighter Group, 8th USAAF. He entered active duty on 27 April 1942. He attended Aircraft Mechanic's School, but was soon given an Administrative MOS. In his words, "I typed my way throught the war." He earned the Good Conduct Medal, American Defense Medal, ETO Medal w/2 bronze stars, WWII Victory Medal, and Presidential Unit Citation. He was discharged on 1 November 1945.

In your own time Jack! it will be worth the wait im sure !

Carl

Jack,

Awesome to see you posting photos online!

I have some hard copy photos tucked away in my filing drawer.. I just looked at them the other day.

Looking forward to seeing more of your museum!

Best regards,

-Brian

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

post-247-0-09658700-1388951986.jpgUniform belonging to Col. Eldon M. Stenjem, Commanding Officer, Fort Sheridan Separation Center, 6th Service Command. He served during WWI as an Infantry Lt. He was recalled to active duty in 1940 with initial assignment at Fort Custer, MI. He was then transfered to Fort Sheridan, IL., where he established a rehabilitation center. His awards consists of the Legion of Merit, Army Commendation Medal, American Defense Medal, American Campaign Medal, WWI and WWII Victory Medals. The tunic shows the Wisconsin N.G. SSI and shoulder cord being worn.

A bit more background as to how I came about his grouping, which consists of his visor cap, trousers, shirt, tie, award documents and photos. When I travel, I always have photos of my collection on the digital camera. While on a river tour in Bangkok, the lady sitting next to me that her father was in WWII. I showed her some photos, and asked her what did she plan to do with the material.

She responded she didn't know, but would I be interested. The rest is obvious. Jack

They aint so bad...they just watch you at night ;)

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

post-247-0-23719100-1388954831.jpgUniform belonging to 1st Lt. Elias E. Zirul, USAAFE Chemical School, Barksdale Field, LA. He was dreafted in May 1942, attended OCS in November, Upon graduation on 3 April 1943 he was commissioned as a 2nd Lt. In August he was transfered to Cam[ Sibert, AL, as Executive Officer of a black chemical company. In November he was transfered to the AAF, and later to Barksdale Field to set up a chemical school. He was discharged 21 February 1946.

His grouping consists of this tan uniform, his pinks & greens, overcoat, all his chemical and personal files plus misc other items.

It is rather unusual to see a chemical officer in the AAF.