Elaborate WWII German Bullion Collar Tabs

19delta-uav

These came along with a recent 1st Infantry Grouping. They were found in the pocket of a M-1941 field jacket. The only thing is that I can't find anything like it online. Has anyone ever seen anything like these before?

post-3881-0-94767700-1388731526.jpg

First impression is a high ranking NSDAP Political officer from the colors.But its not like one I have seen with the double laurel and oak leafs.

Maybe some type of Reichs Ministry official ?? or foriegn office/officials rank?? Just guessing.But with a matched pair makes them desireable and Im thinking they are rare.

I believe Reich-sleiter was the highest rank in the NSDAP organization and the collar tabs were a wreath with in a wreath and the gold eagle had out stretched wings.These wings are folded.

I would pm Jumpinjack(Jack Angolia)here on the forum or John Conway who worked for Manions for years.

USCapturephotos

Agree that they are from a high level nsdap official based on their construction and they are different than the Gauleiters or reichsleiter tabs. I am very curious so please let us know when you find out. You could google Jeff clark of nsdap militaria..he's done a great work on nsdap insignia and is nice to deal with.

Paul

USCapturephotos

I was thinking about it. I think the Eagle with the dropped wings like that might be for Ribbentrop as that style of Eagle is on his silverware I believe.

Paul

they are collor tabs for the "Ostministeriums"(ministry of the occupied eastern territory's) uniform and are for a reichminister,and are a very rare find indeed,good score

They are very very very very rare.

But I'm not sure it is right.

The embroidery is not the usual quality associated with such a high ranking tab.

Compare the oak leaves to the second example posted.

And so much of the detail is done with little threads going this way and that.

The detail on these high ranking tabs was done in the embroidered bullion work itself and highlighted with thread.]

I think your tab is from the 60's.

When you bend it slightly what do you hear ?

I hope I'm wrong.

Peter,

Thank you for the information. I bent it and it doesn't really make any sound. I think the bullion is as good a quality as the one posted to the right, I think what makes the difference is that mine was taken at an oblique, where as the one on the right appears to be taken from straight above, which could ammount for some masking for the detail. I'm not so quick to call these a reproduction, because they are very close in detail and construction to several other veteran acquired WWII german bullion pieces I have come across.

The difference between the two types of embroidery is, one is more detailed than the other.

On the pair you have the bullion thread going straight across the leaf and then returned underneath.

On the single the bullion thread goes to the center of the leaf and returned and the ends of the leaf radiate out.

Twice as much work and a higher degree of skill.

I've seen better eagle detail on Army officers uniforms.

Each feather should return but they all go straight across and where the thread should return there is a grey thread.

As much as I want to give you good news I can't.

Here is the The Marshall's Baton web site with great rare stuff.

Notice the extreme minimal use of threads for detail.

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Framepage.htm

I don't know if I can copy and paste any of these tabs.

If I can I will.

me too.i have seen extremely well made and some that looked like a bad Pakistani copy in over 30+ years of collecting,the premiss that all german stuff is absolutely perfect in every aspect is nonsense,ya gotta remember there was a war going on IN THEIR BACKYARD,so not all is perfect,i had a 1st model luft dagger that was a presentation piece to a pilot from his friends on his wedding day,had a real nice acid etched remembrance on the blade that was crooked and this was done in 38

me too.i have seen extremely well made and some that looked like a bad Pakistani copy in over 30+ years of collecting,the premiss that all german stuff is absolutely perfect in every aspect is nonsense,ya gotta remember there was a war going on IN THEIR BACKYARD,so not all is perfect,i had a 1st model luft dagger that was a presentation piece to a pilot from his friends on his wedding day,had a real nice acid etched remembrance on the blade that was crooked and this was done in 38

Well put.. Take into consideration that these are 70 years old as well. Honestly I am more skeptical of Third Reich items that look pristine and are reputed to be original over items like these. Veteran bring backs make me a little more at ease versus no veteran connection.

Of course if there is the possibility of getting more information from the vet himself and when he put them in the pocket on the field jacket...

Leigh

I understand what everyone says and I hope you are right.

The only problem is, that despite the fact there was a war on, these over the top high ranking insignia were controlled.

Don't forget in 1944, even though we were laying waist to the place, they were at the hight of production and making good stuff.

I think this version came out in 1943 but I no longer have any of my books to make sure.

Only one or two wore them and a few more than that were made.

The people who made them were highly skilled.

These things were made a certain way just like Japanese or British made patches.

Put them on WAF ?

If they are good they are worth a fortune and I know a buyer.

The only thing I can say is check out what I say.

Get some facts and test to see if the fruit of my experience is good.

Who sold you these ?

Manyaunkman is correct this is a repro pair of collar tabs.My traveling partner and friend owns many ultra high nazi official collar tabs and shoulder boards including one of two none pair of Himmlers Tabs Goering tabs etc.I had him look at this pair of collar tabs in a scan and he concours with me they are repros.I have owned thousands of high quality German bullion items over 35 year of dealing in both German and US items and these are not even close.This is a set of insignia for one of the most famous Nazi officials that ruled Germany in the 30s and 40s and the quality is not there at all.If you look at some of the 1944 insignia for even low ranking Political Leader its is stunning.Before I was rarepatchman I collected German items for thirty years and know every big German dealer on the show circuit and they would not touch these with a ten foot pole believe me these are reproductions.Scotty

My very first thought was that they look like 1960's Delta International but I don't know if they had any high end fakes.

There are people who collect these older fakes but I'm not sure really what kind of fake this is ?

daniel griffin

I also feel that the quality is far from what you would expect to see in insignia of a high ranking official.