EGA's 10K Gold/Sterling

ponyradish

I just re-discovered these gems that I picked up about 20 years ago off of a rat-chewed WW2 Officer's Tunic. I can see why collectors fall in love with these works of art. I personally do not go out with a mission to get as many of these as I can get, but never leave them behind either. I do see that these seem to be bringing crazy prices and not that easy to find in 10K gold/Sterling. This pair has been together since day one, and will never be separated. I need Brig and some of you other knowledgeable collectors to post a few comments on this killer pair of EGA's. Thanks, Pony.

post-938-0-72466700-1388683624.jpg

post-938-0-77320400-1388683633.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Very nice! These are a pre WW2 design - production by H&H. Around 42 they came out with another design that carried the H&H - Imperial dual hallmarks. This specific design continued well into the early sixties, quality was never as good as these pre war examples. Life long mates with matched rollers, not found everyday.

Nice pair, and nice to see them 100% original, matched, and intact. All too often when you find a nice lifetime pair, the plating on the continents is chipping, the sterling of these often tarnishes heavily, and/or the posts have been shortened. This is a wonderful pair that would be popular in EGA and uniform circles to complete a restoration, as they have that aged look without being too heavily aged to use on a uniform

There's a nice similarly marked cover emblem that accompanied these, I believe I have such an example I will snap some images of whenever it decides to stop raining