Help With Swivel Holster ID-For Revolver

p2tharizo

This appears to be a shoulder holster, or maybe for a Sam Browne type set up? The attaching points seem too small for a belt, so I'm not sure what or how it was carried. No markings of any kind. Any ideas are appreciated.

IMG_0025_zps6a22ea4d.jpg

IMG_0029_zps0eb322d5.jpg

IMG_0026_zpscaf12399.jpg

IMG_0031_zps4e006bf9.jpg

IMG_0032_zpse17d825e.jpg

IMG_0027_zps46de7bd8.jpg

IMG_0028_zps6d063542.jpg

Charlie Flick

Hello:

Your holster is not USGI. It is a commercial holster from the 1920-1940 time frame. It is designed for a revolver. Can't say which one since I can't examine it personally or get much scale from the pics. However, It is probably for a S&W 4 or 5 inch barreled, .38 Special, 6-shot Military & Police model (Model of 1905 Fourth Change) or a Colt Official Police in the same barrel length and caliber. It is right handed and is missing the shoulder strap that would have fit across the chest. I can't tell if the odd loop just above the bullet loops is intended for a belt. Many different companies made holsters similar to this design so without markings it is going to be very tough to ID the maker.

Hope that helps you.

Regards,

Charlie

I agee with Charlie.Civilian or police use as they had Sam Brown style belts as well that used a over/off the shoulder strap to suspend the holsters.Lot of the old motor cycle cops used this set up as well.