QUESTION RE: REFERENCE SOURCE

bob lamoreaux

bob lamoreaux

I have the following Project Supporting Papers (topic): M1911, miscellaneous hand guns, M1917, BAR, machine guns (cal. .30 and cal. 50). I am contemplating keyboarding them into my computer, adding material (in a different type face) in order to expand on the subject and giving references for the information expanded, then having the complete work printed and spiral bound. If there is demand for this type of info, I will -- before embarking on this project -- go to NARA and get copies of the PSPs on the Garand and Springfield and any other relatively small ordnance (mortars, bayonets, knives for example) and incorporate those into the work.

Obviously, I'd like to recoup the cost of both the research and the printing and binding. As it stands, I think this will come to somewhere between $25 and $30 per copy.

Is this something that you would want to purchase? NOTE: This is not a solicitation to sell, only to determine whether or not such a project is of interest and worthwhile pursuing. Not trying to make money here, only to make available information. Your feedback on this idea would be appreciated AND --- I hope I haven't violated the rules of the forum!