German Officers' wehrpass - Picture heavy

joefriday22

This item was obtained by a member of the 375th FA/100th Infantry in the Rhine River area. I don't read German so if any can transalate any of this for me I would appreciate it. I have posted pictures on another forum and obtained some information there.

Thank you and best regards,

Rob

IMG_0017_zpsf24d08e5.jpg

IMG_0018_zps7aaf132b.jpg

IMG_00192_zpsbda2ea0c.jpg

IMG_00202_zpsd239cec2.jpg

IMG_00212_zps29d63483.jpg

IMG_0022_zpsef56d397.jpg

IMG_0023_zpseac2b174.jpg

IMG_0024_zps5496979f.jpg

IMG_0025_zps033da30b.jpg

IMG_0026_zpsed8147ae.jpg

Just a quick look through...this is actually a replacement Wehrpass as stamped on the cover. He fought in WWI, and earned the Iron Cross 1st and 2nd class, then won the 1939 bars to both awards in WWII, as well as the Russian Front Medal and the War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords. In started WWI as a Corporal, promoted to Staff Sergeant, then became an officer in 19115. He was an Artillery officer for his WWII career...the rest is list of assignments, promotions, etc....

Mark sends

Thank you very much for the information. I had never seen one of these before I bought this one two days ago.

Best,

Rob

They're neat docos..when I collected German stuff and was stationed in Germany, you could buy them all day long for a couple of bucks...but that Sutterlin script style of writing can be a real pain in the kaboodle to translate.

Mark sends

There are some things about this pass that increase it's value.

The fact that he was in 2 wars, the fact that he is an officer and that he got the the IC1 and 2 in both wars.

All you need now is an artillery officer's jacket to go with it.

Thank you. I had never seen one before so I guess that I lucked out for my first one. Any estimate of the value?

A very interesting and well preserved item indeed.

For detailed discussions of Nazi and foreign memborabilia we generally refer our members to the Wehrmacht Awards Forum.

They do have a membership fee, but they also have a wealth of knowledge on items such as this.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/index.php

They have a section totally devoted to the passes.

If I recall correctly I think there is a pinned section that goes page by page through the pass with a translation of each page.