Jonathan Jones 1864 Photograph died in the war

Found this cased image today while cleaning. Photograph is of Jonathan Jones. On a slip of paper behind the photograph was written "my brother Jonathan died in the war in 1864 Eunice Jones"

Haven't figured out just which Jonathan Jones this man is but a great piece of history none the less. Thanks for looking. Ryan

Found 3 so far that died in 1864

post-11049-0-32594200-1388469149.jpg

post-11049-0-52154500-1388469158.jpg

post-11049-0-93836600-1388469168.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Have you been able to confirm that that was Eunice's maiden and not married name? A less common surname would be nice I'm sure!

It says that her brother was Jonathan Jones. I don't know her Married name. Maiden was Jones.........Wish it was easier but Then it wouldn't be fun. Unknown origin came from a Reenactment and was purchased in the East somewhere in PA. but from another dealer.

Need some more information to nail it down.

HDS lists SIX "Johnathan Jones" who died in the Civil War-- two of those are 1864"

Jonathan Jones

Residence Columbus MI; 20 years old.Enlisted on 11/11/1861 at China, MI as a Private.On 2/6/1862 he mustered into "E" Co. MI 10th Infantry He Re-enlisted on 2/6/1864He was Killed on 9/1/1864 at Jonesboro, GA (Re-enlisted at Rossville, GA)Other Information:Buried: Marietta National Cemetery, Marietta, GAGravesite: E-5573

Jonathan Jones

Residence was not listed; 19 years old.Enlisted on 4/8/1863 as a Private.On 7/29/1863 he mustered into "K" Co. TN 5th Cavalry He was Killed on 2/22/1864 at Johnson's Mills, White Co., TN

Additionally, there are many more listed who it is not known if they survived the war.

I have found that dates are often mixed up by family members, so without further information, I wouldn't rule out any of the others.

Any information on city/ state of purchase may help.

Research on the two listed above would be helpful. If geneology research revealed a sister Eunice, then I would have more of a comfort in the ID.

scott