Avirex G-1 Leather Flight Jacket

SlimPickins Vintage

SlimPickins Vintage

Salutation USMF, I'm posting this to inquire about this jacket I acquired recently.

Vintage 1951 Avirex U.S. Navy (Bureau of Aeronautics Spec. 7823 AER) G-1 Leather Flight/Bomber Jacket, Sz: 44, Made in New York, New York.

I was hoping some experts in this area could bestow some knowledge my way about this jacket. Like the time period, is it an original or authentic, value etc. Below are some photos that might be of assistance. I could only fit on actually on here. These rest are just a click away. Follow the link right under the photograph. Thank you for your time, effort, and knowledge.

>grace & peace<

post-150680-0-36290700-1388466288.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173785184/vintage-1951-avirex-us-navy-bureau-of?ref=shop_home_active

It's a modern reproduction. The company was founded in 1975 and at one point did make official issue flight jackets for the Air Force, but not for the Navy.

SlimPickins Vintage

Thank you sir. I wasn't sure on the authenticity. And when researching the information on the tag it gave me a slew of sources and I didn't know which one to follow. I have a flight suit that was given to me along with this jacket and Ill make a post about that later. Thank you again Mr. Hudson.

Slim,

Welcome to the forum and I hope we get to see more of your finds.

Your jacket sure has a very nice look to it and many people like to wear them.

The larger the size the better.

I went to your site and saw the jacket and since it has a nice size I think your price is a good place to start.

Here is a link to eBay for completed listings of Avirex G-1 jackets.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=avirex+jackets&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xavirex+jackets+g-1&_nkw=avirex+jackets+g-1&_sacat=0&_from=R40

It's a nice jacket and you will do well.

Peter

SlimPickins Vintage

Slim,

Welcome to the forum and I hope we get to see more of your finds.

Your jacket sure has a very nice look to it and many people like to wear them.

The larger the size the better.

I went to your site and saw the jacket and since it has a nice size I think your price is a good place to start.

Here is a link to eBay for completed listings of Avirex G-1 jackets.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=avirex+jackets&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xavirex+jackets+g-1&_nkw=avirex+jackets+g-1&_sacat=0&_from=R40

It's a nice jacket and you will do well.

Peter

Thank you Peter. I was excited to get it but the research I did myself still left me with a lot of questions so I'm glad I cam here to the experts! I had have my jacket listed on my online shop but I'm not sure about the pricing. I kind of put it at that pricing because I was still searching fro concrete information about it. So I intentionally priced it higher as to secure it from being bought right away as I continued to learn more about the jacket itself.