• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commander Naval Surface Force - Atlantic Fleet

The old and the new.....

Technically, those are the "old" and the "old"...when I worked on the admiral's staff from 2010 to 2011, he went on a purge to get rid of every emblem that said "US ATLANTIC FLEET" on it. He had almost some sacred determination about it. I went downstairs to talk to the flag cook one day and he was boxing up all our old flag mess mugs. I asked him why he was and it was because the admiral wouldn't allow them to be used anymore because of the emblem so he was ordered to throw them out. Needless to say, five years later, I still drink coffee almost every day out of them. ;)

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

During the 60's and 70's this was considered isolated duty aboard the USS LASALLE (AGF-3)

The Great White Ghost of the Arabian Coast. This was a little game played with the Middle East nations,

we were afloat, so we weren't really present on their precious lands.

COMIDEASTFOR 003 LASALLE.jpg

Technically, those are the "old" and the "old"...when I worked on the admiral's staff from 2010 to 2011, he went on a purge to get rid of every emblem that said "US ATLANTIC FLEET" on it. He had almost some sacred determination about it. I went downstairs to talk to the flag cook one day and he was boxing up all our old flag mess mugs. I asked him why he was and it was because the admiral wouldn't allow them to be used anymore because of the emblem so he was ordered to throw them out. Needless to say, five years later, I still drink coffee almost every day out of them. ;)

Having also served on a command staff, I hear you Dave....not much changes and the closer one gets to Washington, the deeper the ......