WW2 Navy Hat Badges Reproduced?

SergeantMajorGray

"Fakes" are not a problem at all for these. However, as, they've been in use for the past 70 years plus, it's just a matter of obtaining one for the correct period.. For $10 to $15, you should easily be able to find a nice sterling, pinback example. That type can be considered to be WW2.

SergeantMajorGray

"Fakes" are not a problem at all for these. However, as, they've been in use for the past 70 years plus, it's just a matter of obtaining one for the correct period.. For $10 to $15, you should easily be able to find a nice sterling, pinback example. That type can be considered to be WW2.

Thanks I got a few in my watch list at that price marked Balfour sterling vanguard sterling etc. Do you know what the hard to find makers are?

Thanks I got a few in my watch list at that price marked Balfour sterling vanguard sterling etc. Do you know what the hard to find makers are?

The hard to find ones are the "normal"....Luxenberg, Tiffany, etc...

Add Hilborn Hamburger to the easy to find list and BB&B to the list of difficult to find makers.