Cannon Sight

byf41

Hoping someone can tell me something about this component . I gather its a part of a cannon sight . Application , age and ballpark value ? Thanks for youre help guys .

FY I- Cannon is the name of the manufacturer of that connector. They still make connectors that are used in aviation, military and other applications.

This sight may or may not have anything to do with a cannon, but the designation on that electrical connector does not indicate the use of the sight, just the maker of the connector.

I think it might be part of a reflector sight assembly for the guns on WW2 aircraft, part of the reflector system which projects or illuminates the actual reticle maybe?

Yours is not in as nice of condition as many that turn up, I don't recall them being particularly valuable, $50.00 to $75.00 is I think what they tend to have as an asking price on mint ones. Often they have a cardboard sleeve around the round lense-type end. If it had the lense portion where you see the reticle I think it would be a lot more.

I am sure others can tell you way more about them, just wanted to try and give you a start point. Try searching eBay or google with the key words gun sight or bomber sight or similar, see what comes up.

MW

• 1 year later...
Cobrahistorian

It's a WWII US Army Air Force N-3B reflector gunsight for a P-38/P-39/P-40/P-47/P-51. It's missing the reflector glass, which mounted to the top round part. Let me know if you're interested in selling it.

Jon