Thank You for Chardonnay

gunbarrel

Letter to the local newspaper:

Recently, a friend and I went to the Olive Garden restaurant in Winter Haven (Florida). When the waitress asked what we wanted to drink, my friend ordered St. Michelle chardonnay. Unfortunately, they were out of it.

He told her, "In World War II, I was in France in St. Michelle. My platoon went into an abandoned house. The floor gave way, and we fell onto a dirt-floored wine cellar. "The wall was filled with cobwebbed bottles of St. Michelle chardonnay, the most wonderful we had ever tasted. That's why I requested it."

As we began to eat our dinner, the waitress returned with a beautiful gift bag. She said, "The couple who had been seated in the booth in back of you brought this back for you."

In the bag was a bottle of St. Michelle chardonnay.

A heartfelt thanks to that wonderful couple whom we had never met, but who shared their love and patriotism with a 91-year-old veteran who is enjoying every drop of his St. Michelle.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20131228/EDIT02/131229314/1037/edit02?Title=Thank-You-for-Chardonnay

Thats a great feel good story, but the St Michelle wines sold at Olive Garden are made by Chateau Ste. Michelle, in Woodinville Washington (Washington state has a surprisingly vibrant wine industry). They are distributed nationally. No relation to a winery in France.