USMC Special Full Dress Uniform Epaulettes c. 1918

patrick_usmc

Leatherneck72

Brig…yes, does indeed look like a long flat-top. That is about as short as I like to see. Anything else falls into the category of "high and unnecessary."

Brig…yes, does indeed look like a long flat-top. That is about as short as I like to see. Anything else falls into the category of "high and unnecessary."

I've fallen into the latter category for a decade...

Patrick, I'm glad you like the uniform. I'm sure it was a nice Christmas for you. I prized it for years. I sent photos to Alec Tulkoff for Vol 2 of Equipping the Corps, but dont know if he plans to use the uniform in the book. The EGAs that go on it are pictured in the 1912 regulations. These EGAs are oversized (hat size) and larger than collar EGAs. So the ones you are seeing on my site do not go on this pattern epaulette. Pinbacked sets, that also fit collars, were used on the mess dress epaulettes however. I also have a special full dress belt and sword hangar set (like the one in the picture my brother posted) that I am thinking of selling.

Mike

Patrick, I'm glad you like the uniform. I'm sure it was a nice Christmas for you. I prized it for years. I sent photos to Alec Tulkoff for Vol 2 of Equipping the Corps, but dont know if he plans to use the uniform in the book. The EGAs that go on it are pictured in the 1912 regulations. These EGAs are oversized (hat size) and larger than collar EGAs. So the ones you are seeing on my site do not go on this pattern epaulette. Pinbacked sets, that also fit collars, were used on the mess dress epaulettes however. I also have a special full dress belt and sword hangar set (like the one in the picture my brother posted) that I am thinking of selling.

Mike

I'll make sure to keep my eyes out for what I now know are the correct type, and i'll definitely look into that belt if you sell it. Also, is there a projected date for the second volume that you know of? Thanks for everything, not just Mike, but everyone!

-Patrick