Seeking info/photos Camps Beauregard, Bowie, Doniphan 1917-18

CW4AFB

Gents---I am working on my next WWI project and looking for info on these three National Guard Camps--letters, pictures, uniforms etc. If you can help me out with some copies of your stuff, I will credit you in the captions and list you in the acknowledgements as a contributor.

Regards and best for the New year,

Al

Any idea in what states?

Camp Beauregard was in Alexandria Louisiana,

Camp Bowie was in Forth Worth Texas and

Camp Doniphan was in Fort Sill Oklahoma

....regards, Al

• 2 weeks later...

Gents---in addition to those in the subject line, I'm also looking for pictures, documents, paperwork etc. pertaining to Camp Grant, Fremont and Wheeler. and pictures of a nice representative 36th Division uniform.

regards, Al

Back to top---

Still seeking high res scans of pictures, documents, etc. from Camps Doniphan, Beauregard, Bowie, Wheeler, Fremont and Grant---for a WWI book. In return, I will credit you in the captions and acknowledgements....

s/f

Al

Gents---in addition to those in the subject line, I'm also looking for pictures, documents, paperwork etc. pertaining to Camp Grant, Fremont and Wheeler. and pictures of a nice representative 36th Division uniform.

regards, Al

• 1 month later...

Camp Beauregard is in Pineville, Louisiana. Nearby Alexandria. Sorry I have no photos like the ones you are looking for. Being in the Louisiana National Guard, I have spent a lot of time at "Camp B". There is a particular shooting range there that has inscriptions in "the pit" made by soldiers. Some of these inscriptions date all the way back to the Great War and World War 2. Names, dates, hometowns. You might be able to contact louisianahistorymuseum.org for more info on Camp Beauregard. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Camp Beauregard is in Pineville, Louisiana. Nearby Alexandria. Sorry I have no photos like the ones you are looking for. Being in the Louisiana National Guard, I have spent a lot of time at "Camp B". There is a particular shooting range there that has inscriptions in "the pit" made by soldiers. Some of these inscriptions date all the way back to the Great War and World War 2. Names, dates, hometowns. You might be able to contact louisianahistorymuseum.org for more info on Camp Beauregard. Good luck!

Lugi45---thanks for the help---that's a good tip. I spent some quality time in Alex and beautiful Fort Polk back in 2001 but had no idea I'd be working this project then..maybe next time you are on the range, you can snap a few shots of the pits and inscriptions...I'll put em in the book and credit you....regards, Al

It will probably up to a year or so before I could. I try to make the shooting match there every year around this time but I couldn't this year because I'm deployed.

It will probably up to a year or so before I could. I try to make the shooting match there every year around this time but I couldn't this year because I'm deployed.

Thanks brother---stay safe....

Al

Camp Beauregard was in Alexandria Louisiana,

Camp Bowie was in Forth Worth Texas and

Camp Doniphan was in Fort Sill Oklahoma

....regards, Al

The hunt is still on---also need some Camp Fremont in California stuff....

Al

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For what it's worth, my Great-grand-Uncle died at Camp Beauregard on December 1, 1861. That was located in Kentucky, just north of Union City, TN, and near the town of Feliciana. It is only a civilian cemetery and a Confederate memorial. It was evacuated during that winter due to disease hitting the soldiers. One surgeon years later would state he believed the deaths was caused by cerebrospinal meningitis.

• 1 year later...

Custermen,

Being from Union City, TN, I had never heard of Camp Beauregard. After doing a little light research, I found that it's near Water Valley, KY and was built to protect the right flank of Columbus, KY.

Just some more trivia about Graves County, KY and SW KY!!