AIRSHIPRON 2 Tab

otter42

Can someone tell me what era this is and what does it mean, I thought when I bought it, it was for Air Ships, (blimps), but not sure now. Thanks Ken

post-4732-0-91494700-1387824070.jpg

Thanks Ron, looks like this one was disestablished Nov 1959 in GA. I have always wanted some Air Ship items ever since I visted the Tillamook Air Museum here in Oregon. The museum was housed in an old air ship hanger, and you can't believe how big it is until you walk up to it and look around. I was very impressed.

Johnny Signor

1950's , the emblems for the unit were , the first version had a cartoon like blimp w/mean face and arm holding bomb other arm pointing to water and submarine, cloud in sky with a plane and some ships on the water and signal zaps from blimp, second version , side view of blimp with radar beam scoping sub in water ,atom symbol to upper left and cloud with lightning bolt upper right and scroll with AIRSHIPRON TWO title .........................

Johnny

Your tab was probably used for the dress uniform during inspections/parades ..................