Bearmon

DD DDE DDR DESTROYERS Greyhounds of the Fleet

This is one of her Vietnam patches when she was reverted back to DD-876 in 1963, later serving on the gunline, callsign 'Bullseye'

Her nickname was "The Tonkin Tiger" Anyone have the Tonkin Tiger patch to post here?

She later had a 20 year career in the ROKN and is now a museum ship in South Korea

DD 876 USS ROGERS 001.jpg

DD 876 USS ROGERS 002.jpg

Wow, I remember operating with the Rogers when she was USN.

I sure am coveting a lot of the patches! If I figure how to get my images up, I will show some og mine!

I am using Fast Stone Photo Resizer 3.5. I can reduce image to 90 x 100 and i am still told image is to large! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Tom

I am using Fast Stone Photo Resizer 3.5. I can reduce image to 90 x 100 and i am still told image is to large! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Tom

Take a look through this section Tom http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/24-photos-imaging/

If you're still having difficulty posting photos, contact a moderator and we'll help you out

BEARMON those are some great looking patches. The USS Stickell patches are nice. I had a friend that was on the WILSON in Vietnam.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

Nice patches. As for the Stickell DDR patch, it does not show up on Nav source, nor Tin Can Sailors!

The Cone is before 1963. I have a GEMSCO Cone dated 1966 if interested in a trade! 10esee@wk.net

The Stickell patches all came from the same sailor, I am not sure what you mean by it doesn't show up on those two websites,

Thanks for the offer but not really interested on trading that one.

Thanks for looking

donation2018.gif
donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

The Stickell patches all came from the same sailor, I am not sure what you mean by it doesn't show up on those two websites,

Thanks for the offer but not really interested on trading that one.

Thanks for looking

I think he means the design you have.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

I am saying if I do not see it on Nav. source or Tin Can Sailors, the DDE- 888 must be pretty rare!

I am saying if I do not see it on Nav. source or Tin Can Sailors, the DDE- 888 must be pretty rare!

Got it Thank you

donation2018.gif
donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Got it Thank you

I actually think it's DDR not DDE. DDR would be a Destroyer Radar Picket ship, lightning bolts.

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098