Does this 4-Pocket make sense?

strawberry 9

I'm looking at this 4-pocket that has a glider infantry SSI on the left sleeve and a 6th Army SSI on the right. It also has a Asiatic-Pacific campaign ribbon with 3 campaign stars. Would there have been any glider infantry units in the PTO? Is this a put together jacket?

post-100432-0-80968200-1387654047.jpg

That's the Airborne Command patch, though hard to nail down the 6th Army combat patch on a Air Corps guy, even to a degree why a AC guy would be assigned to the Airborne Command other then some kind of liasion or some kind of association with the troop transports.

Air Corps Brass as well.I saw this on ebay also.

Not dismising it.A possibility the person ended up as part of the airborne command or have to figure out which unit(s)may have wore the command patch in lieu of not having their own.Couple uniforms I have sport Airbone tabs over a Standard Air Corps patch and one has a Airborne tab over the 5th Air Force patch.Came out of a local closet.I pulled his discharge years ago and it looks like he was a bulldozer driver and a engineer in the Air Corps.They wore the Airborne tab as they were Airborne Engineers.Flying into the ilands to set up and maintain/build airfields

I have posted a uniform to a local man and if I hadnt gotten it out of his estate auction I may have had a lot of questions.He wears a Aluetians patch on the right sleeve and Airborne Command on the left as current unit.Infantry brass and has the airborne cap patches as well.Collaberating with a good friend and forum member we figured out that the vet must have transferred tot he Airborne.Seems the policy in WW2 was if you volunteered for airborne you wouldnt be refused a transfer.The local guy must have wanted out of Alaska pretty bad.He ended up in Ft.Benning and never went overseas.He was also quite older than most who would have been in the airborne program at the time.Even have his local obituary from the paper.

Many of the same concerns manifested themselves to me as well. As intriguing as the insignia is, the uniform just seems too simple, too mundane to be a fake. If someone were to fake an airborne uniform, wouldn't they ham it up with jump wings and all the other bells and whistles?

Also, the airborne patch looks like it is original to the uniform.

I think that this uniform is "right", but we don't know enough about the identity of the soldier to make "sense" of the uniform.