1938 Film - Mech Cavalry Combat Vehicles

MPage

I just found this recent upload - a 1938 army film showcasing the abilities of scout cars and those old T4 armored cars. I never have seen footage of those armored cars before. Some of you guys may have, but I sure haven't. Light tanks and motorcycles are also shown. Unit featured is the 7th Cavalry Brigade; one can see 1st and 13th Cav markings on the vehicles

This is neat-o.

Excellent footage...thanks for the link. Those vehicles were "state of the art" back then. I especially liked the big armored car with its very robust suspension! I wonder what happened to those? I don't recall them being deployed at all in WW2, just a few years later. Maybe they were declared "obsolete" and replaced by half-tracks with their superior cross-country mobility?

Excellent footage...thanks for the link. Those vehicles were "state of the art" back then. I especially liked the big armored car with it's very robust suspension! I wonder what happened to those? I don't recall them being deployed at all in WW2, just a few years later. Maybe they were declared "obsolete" and replaced by half-tracks with their superior cross-country mobility?

Yeah when I was watching the clip I kept thinking "this is cutting-edge for 1938".

This is the vehicle they had at the time, which evolved into the WWII half-track:

T1E2.jpg

post-257-0-03142200-1387534350.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...