USN Aircraft Carriers - CVA CVS CVL CVE CV Conventional Carriers

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Great patches so far. I would like to add 2 Vietnam era CTF 77 patches here as they relate directly to carriers. First one is a 6 inch Japanese made NavSecGrp Det 5 for CTF 77. Patch has been removed from a jacket.

Mitch

post-592-0-72419400-1387831513.jpg

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace"
Jimi Hendrix

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/usmfribbons/donation2020.gif

This is another CTF 77 patch that came with the previous patch. It has alot going on. It is a Japanese made and is 10 inches high.

Mitch

That is a great looking patch.I have one that came with a mint Constellation SG patch.The cool thing is the sailors name was on the back of the patch.I found the cruise book and he was in it.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

USS FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT (CV-42) Midway class In service 1945 to 1977 - One Last Screw - Final cruise prior to decommissioning at Mayport Naval Station

The ship embarked Carrier Air Wing Nineteen for its final deployment, which lasted from October 1976 to April 1977. VMA-231 was on board for this deployment, which demonstrated that VTOL aircraft could be successfully and seamlessly integrated into fixed wing air operations.

CV 42 USS F D ROOSEVELT 001.jpg

CV 42 USS F D ROOSEVELT 002.jpg

Thanks! Sadly, I don't have those two patches anymore. I sold them because I found something that I wanted more. The good thing is that they went to a former Intrepid crew member and he was tickled to death to get them. :D