10th Mountain Bringback

hirsca

Recent acquisition from the Dallas estate sale of Harold S. Star, Company B, Antitank BN, 10th Mountain Division, ASN 18214640. I had previously posted a patch from The Brazilian Expedition Force (FEB) that came with the same grouping. This uniform bling is certainly Italian, having the initials VE intertwined on the shield. If my history is correct, Victor Emmanuel III was the King of Italy prior to, during and after Mussolini's regime. I have no clue as to how these all fit together on a uniform, so I yield to those more versed in WW2 Italian history. Pic heavy. The eagle/chain/shield measures 13" long. Thanks, Al.

post-12790-0-61270200-1387319025.jpg

post-12790-0-07153800-1387319039.jpg

Nice items from a little known theatre!

Thanks. Now to find out what and where it's from. Can't find anything like it on the web. Al.

Hello Al !

The pictured items can be positively identified as the brass embellishments which were attached to the parade full uniform white leather bandoleer of the “Guardie del Reparto a Cavallo del Corpo degli Agenti di Pubblica Sicurezza – Divisione speciale per la Capitale” (Horse Guard Police Corps – Special Division for the city of Rome).

The time frame is 1935-36. Definitely a rare and uncommon item of the fascist era as very few were made...

Hope this can help

Fausto

Hello Al !

The pictured items can be positively identified as the brass embellishments which were attached to the parade full uniform white leather bandoleer of the “Guardie del Reparto a Cavallo del Corpo degli Agenti di Pubblica Sicurezza – Divisione speciale per la Capitale” (Horse Guard Police Corps – Special Division for the city of Rome).

The time frame is 1935-36. Definitely a rare and uncommon item of the fascist era as very few were made...

Hope this can help

Fausto

Fausto---Thank you so much! Please tell your friend also. Now my quest continues---to find pictures of the Horse Guard Police Corps-Special Division. Many thanks again, Al.

Good luck Al !

Anyway I don't think that it will be an easy task to find pictures of those Horse Guard Police Corps, as they were a very small unit restricted to the city of Rome... But, who knows?

Best season's greetings !

Fausto

Good luck Al !

Anyway I don't think that it will be an easy task to find pictures of those Horse Guard Police Corps, as they were a very small unit restricted to the city of Rome... But, who knows?

Best season's greetings !

Fausto

You are right Fausto. No luck so far on the search. But, the hunt is the fun part of our collecting passion.

Happy Holidays, Al.

Al,

if you google full Guardie del Reparto a Cavallo del Corpo degli Agenti di Pubblica Sicurezza – Divisione speciale per la Capitale you should find a lot of informations, in Italian... But if you then google "images" you should find a lot of interesting drawings and pictures with that brass hardware in use...

Fausto

Al,

if you google full Guardie del Reparto a Cavallo del Corpo degli Agenti di Pubblica Sicurezza – Divisione speciale per la Capitale you should find a lot of informations, in Italian... But if you then google "images" you should find a lot of interesting drawings and pictures with that brass hardware in use...

Fausto

Fausto, thanks for the tip. I did find a few images. Thanks again, Al.