2 OF MY FAVORITES

These are my favorites of the lapel buttons I am beginning to get into...

1. Army/Navy combo DSM, looks like could be gold, but no matter...the combo is unique and it is just eye catching to me

2. Brevet Medal, found at ASMIC in a box...

post-114-0-62433200-1387289216.jpg

Thanks everyone, it is the one piece that got me interested in lapel buttons for more than just filling out WW II medal sets....I have seen other similar but not this set up and not this quality. I was on the fence a while on it, but it kept calling me to take it home....so I did.

The Brevet, just got lucky....closest thing I will come to the medal is this lapel button.

• 2 years later...

What's the rear of the Brevet look like? Even the lapel rosettes are highly reproduced, my reproduction is marked 'Made in France' and 'VB Paris' and shaped exactly as yours

Yup...repro, same type you see regularly on eBay in the sets. Still a nice representative piece, hope you didn't pay too much though

Interesting. My girl found this in the dollar box at ASMIC couple years ago, looked older so at $1 what the hell. Either way like you say it's a nice filler and certainly unique enough to spark conversation.

• 6 years later...

A few more favorites in gold

The 2 three place sets are in 10k and the two place is 14k. I was particularly drawn to the 3 place combination. Not a common civilian combo

5696A43E-6252-4279-9627-89488F42999C.jpeg