IS THIS WING GOOD? Post your requests here!

John Cooper

4 hours ago, bschwartz said:

Don't think you have anything to worry about with the navigator wing.  Looks just fine to me.  You can compare it to this one on my website  https://www.ww2wings.com/wings/usaaf/navigator/steraafnavigatorset.shtml

Bob -  THANK YOU for the feedback, and also the link to your post and your site!   I love your site, but I am overwhelmed by it! (LoL) ... a lot to study and observe!    You have set up a super website!   Dan 

Bob has done a stellar job. One of the best resources on wings that is around.

bschwartz
3 hours ago, zook said:

Bob -  THANK YOU for the feedback, and also the link to your post and your site!   I love your site, but I am overwhelmed by it! (LoL) ... a lot to study and observe!    You have set up a super website!   Dan 

Glad you're enjoying it.  Just don't try to use it as a checklist or your bank account will not be happy.

• 3 weeks later...
Threewood

Aerial Gunner Wing. This style is not in Maguire's book. Is this one legit?Screenshot_20240411_190632_eBay.jpg.cd6f38c2f7c9e48e625b3ce3cb3f1f89.jpgScreenshot_20240411_190647_eBay.jpg.f42095f76c894619d1de45f31f8fb389.jpg

bschwartz

Yes, it's 100% legit. It's usually referred to as the Bell pattern. Jon's books are amazing and I highly recommend both of the Silver Wings books but if you limit your collecting to only what is in those books you're going to be missing out on a lot of legitimate period wings. This forum is a great resource for finding other authentic patterns from the war. I also will humbly submit that my website http://ww2wings.com may also be a resource you want to take a look at. I created it when I first started collecting because even though I had all the books I knew there was more out there and no printed book can keep up with new finds that come out of the woodwork. Hence the website that now contains items from collections all over the world. Hope you find it useful.

Threewood

bschwartz, thank you. I'll save that web link for future reference. I'm fairly new to collecting so I am still learning what to look for in regards to patterns and periods. I'll get there with this site.